The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   I don't like it (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=35168)

BigV 09-24-2020 08:19 PM

bikes are fucking vehicles and belong on the roadway.

if you have a bike on the sidewalk, your fucking shoes better be on the sidewalk too.

Gravdigr 09-24-2020 08:24 PM

Man, he's strict...[/TheWacoKid in BlazingSaddles]

BigV 09-24-2020 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 1058498)
Boy, is he strict...[/TheWacoKid in BlazingSaddles]

ftfy

My god, I forgot how many epic lines are in that scene.... You, sir, have *exquisite* taste.

"Where all de white wimmin at?"
"I like rape."
"Badges?! We don't need no stinking badges!" /homage
"Kinky!"
"And now for my next impression...Jesse Owen"

just fuckin epic.

This is Desert Island material for sure.

monster 09-24-2020 09:19 PM

Here, we have bike lanes on most roads now. Whilst I agree bikes should be on the road (and I am a cyclist) there are some places where there are no lanes and it just isn't safe. But if you bike on the sidewalk, you are the biggest and fastest and it is your responsibility to give way to the slower pedestrian traffic. It's easier for you and you should spot them before they spot you and they can't be anywhere else. But those recumbers are just fucking dangerous. They go on the sidewalk because they're so low that the cars on the road can't see them and they don't like the fumes, but they are as wide as the sidewalk and expect all other the GTFO of there. And they are smug like trumpkin. Assholes.

Urbane Guerrilla 09-24-2020 10:36 PM

I've *never* seen a recumbent move fast. Their cruising speed is somewhere between that of a beach cruiser and the four-seat pedal-cart. Which is rather slower than typical of a shopping trike.

xoxoxoBruce 09-24-2020 10:41 PM

It's faster than people walk and as wide as the sidewalk.

monster 09-24-2020 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 1058522)
It's faster than people walk and as wide as the sidewalk.

and if you're going in the opposite direction it really doesn't matter what its speed is....

xoxoxoBruce 09-25-2020 12:35 AM

Going in the opposite direction they take up the sidewalk so avoiding them means get off. Going the same direction when they overtake you they are too wide to sneak by you so they have to get your attention for you to get out of their way. That may be easier said than done if you're wearing headphones and if they hit you there's no guarantee you will fall out of the way and not block the path. Inconsiderate fallers are the worst.

Griff 09-25-2020 06:47 AM

With the right rider a recumbent can make good time, but never on a sidewalk. I'm seeing bikes with add on motors cruising sidewalks, assholes, I don't like it.

monster 09-25-2020 02:33 PM

The fad for naming clothing and household item lines "Thing2 & Thing1". Earth & Sky, Time & Tru, House & Hearth, Puke & Catsick.... I don't like it. It's almost more annoying than developers adding an E to the end of street names to make them sound fancy or quaint (Pointe, Towne, Waye). I don't like that either. Or Millennials replacing perfectly good vowels with Ys. Fairs aren't more fun when spelled Fayre. And nobody needs to be called Mykynzy. They don't like it. Not at all. They have to buy two sets of alphabet stickers just to spell their names.

footfootfoot 09-25-2020 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 1053692)
I don't like it when people slap the fucking pen down on top of the paper after they sign. Cuz there's another fucking paper coming right behind that one. Times 20. Bad habit.

I don't like that.

You could give them a new pen each time. Just to fuck with them. Just take the one they slapped down and toss it in the can in a very deliberate way and then hand them a new one, making a long, deliberate show of extracting it from its box or custom Carpathian Elm burl pen caddy (shoot me a PM) making no facial expression whatsoever. Then, keep going until they stop slapping the pen down or ask you WTF?

Later, after they leave, just coolec them and put them back in the caddy.

zippyt 09-25-2020 10:02 PM

Later, after they leave, just coolec them and put them back in the caddy.

EWWWWW used pens !!!!
i dont like it

lumberjim 09-25-2020 10:45 PM

I'll tell you what I do like.

Bic Cristal 1.6 pens.

Except the glue booger on the new ones is a bitch to remove.

That is a thing I don't like about a thing I like. I just leveled up.

lumberjim 09-25-2020 10:48 PM

Just for context, I like them for my customers. It's super slippery and eager. Makes signing away your money feel like the right thing to do. Pens that resist aren't helping the economy.

I use a uniball gel 0.7 blue retractable pen exclusively.

monster 09-25-2020 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 1058559)

EWWWWW used penis !!!!
i dont like it

that's what he said....