The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Last Drink (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=28708)

Sundae 03-01-2013 10:48 AM

Last Drink

Going to have my last drink tomorrow.

Why last drink?
Well, you know about my liver issues. I've now been referred to a consultant. It is teh serious. No more "mostly" abstinent,

Why tomorrow?
Tcha. I only found out today. If chucking it all in was that easy I wouldn't have a problem.

What decision am I asking for help with?
I'm not really. But it has to be my last drink. Sorry to be dramatic but we are talking about serious health issues here. I don't have cirrhosis... yet. Doc says that is the next step. Previously they've just talked about cutting down. Not any more.

I want something chococlate-y. Cocktail-y. Thick.
Yumyum.
I will let you kow.

If'n I make it through the next two days (!) I'd love to hrear your choice, if you had to make it.

glatt 03-01-2013 11:11 AM

I like margaritas. But that seems like more of a summer drink.

Chocolatl 03-01-2013 11:37 AM

Good luck, Sundae.

For my last drink I'd choose a rum runner or a Bahama mama. Something fruity and rum based.

DanaC 03-01-2013 11:40 AM

A triple Jack D, straight, no ice.

or a baileys.

Undertoad 03-01-2013 12:28 PM

And for your first drink day after tomorrow: a Bhang Lassi

DanaC 03-01-2013 12:41 PM

Lurve lassi. Plain or mango.

footfootfoot 03-01-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 855168)
Lurve lassi. Plain or mango.

You'd like th Bhang lassi, I'm sure. ;)

Sundae 03-01-2013 01:43 PM

Had Baileys with Mum last night. Yummeh!
And yes, I do love a lassi. Not mango though. Or salted.

DanaC 03-01-2013 02:03 PM

Hahahah. K, I only just realised what Bhang lassi was :p Have heard the term bhang before, but hadn't connected the dots :P

Sundae 03-01-2013 02:07 PM

Share! I don't know what Bhang is either\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

(Diz contributed to this post)

Undertoad 03-01-2013 02:37 PM

Go to my link and scroll down!

Sundae 03-01-2013 02:39 PM

Gotcha. You cheeky Toad.

orthodoc 03-01-2013 04:01 PM

Last drink? A nice single malt like Glenlivet Nadurra or The Macallan 18. Although it sounds like you're describing a Mudslide ...

But more importantly - sorry to hear about your test results, Sundae.

ZenGum 03-01-2013 06:06 PM

If'n it's not too late, I suggest ...

Don't indulge in the "last drink" attitude. You're making a break, make it clean. Don't be dragged reluctantly into your healthier future, walk boldly into it and embrace it.

If you want to do something dramatic, go (with a friend/witness) to a bar, order a glass of whatever, then look the drink square in the eye and pour it down the sink.

"I will NOT drink you! You have no power over me. IT ENDS HERE! "

Then tap your heels together three times and say "I want to go home with David Tennant".

That ought to do it.

Aliantha 03-01-2013 08:08 PM

Nice Zen. I like where you're head's at! That's pretty much what I did when I gave up smoking. I had just bought a new packet, all the while telling myself I had to stop. I even got so far as removing the foil and started taking one out. Then I got a picture in my mind of my Mum who at that point had only a few days to live, and my boys telling me not to smoke and I took all of them out of the packet, ripped their heads off and flushed the tobacco parts down the toilet and the filters went in the bin.

I have never so much as bummed a smoke since that day. Not even taken a drag from a friends cigarette.

It is very liberating to know that you can just walk away, and believe me, it can be done. It's all in the mind.

As to my last drink. If it came to that for me, I'd make mine a very nice Sav Blanc. Who knows what sort. There are so many good ones out there these days, but that's what it'd be.

I'd be sitting in my front yard at the picnic table with the BBQ cooking a nice steak. A nice salad in front of my, and some nice cheese and crackers. I would savour that wine. Make it last, and smile after the last sip.

Then I'd move on. :)