The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Squirrel, anyone? (other than po' trailer trash) (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=24874)

plthijinx 04-26-2011 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishHook004 (Post 724424)
Coming from a true Cajun from Louisiana, the best thing you can do with a squirrel iis make squirrel & dumplin's... Delicious

you do know that you can take the guts and make fish bait too right? land a spec or a drum and you've tripled your dinner plate!

Big Sarge 04-27-2011 01:13 AM

skin, quarter & fry. save the drippings for gravy

Pete Zicato 04-28-2011 06:17 PM

I had squirrel just once. One of the girls in my grade school came from Kentucky. She had fried squirrel for lunch and offered me a piece. It was quite good. Not gamey at all.

But I'll eat most anything breaded and fried.

SamIam 04-28-2011 06:45 PM

I had squirrel just once, too. My then husband used to slingshot pebbles at squirrels to keep them away from the bird feeder. One day he got a native Colorado Abert's black squirrel right between the eyes. We ate it, so its life wouldn't have been a "waste." :eek2: I was NOT impressed. And this was a "corn fed" squirrel at that.

When I told my Dad about the incident, he said that he would have to be at gun point to ever eat a squirrel again. Apparently, he and his older brother often shot squirrel back in Kentucky to put meat on the table during the Depression.

So leave poor squirell nutkin alone, y'all!

HungLikeJesus 04-28-2011 07:04 PM

I wonder what the statute of limitations is on killing an endangered Abert?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...g_material.jpg

SamIam 04-28-2011 07:38 PM

Oh, believe me, we BOTH felt guilty as hell. My ex meant to scare the damn thing, NOT end up eating it. However, if you'd like to turn the ex in to Colorado Fish and Wildlife, pm me, and I'll send you his name and address. Heh!

HungLikeJesus 04-28-2011 08:00 PM

I was once using a BB gun to scare a bird away so he would stop pecking holes in the house, but the BB went through his eye and killed him.

monster 04-28-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 728626)
I was once using a BB gun to scare a bird away so he would stop pecking holes in the house, but the BB went through his eye and killed him.

Thank FSM you didn't use a PP gun :eek: That would have totally wanged that bird.

footfootfoot 04-29-2011 09:08 AM

I was once using an M-80 to clear some dust out of an old desk drawer but it ended up blowing the desk to smithereens.

infinite monkey 04-29-2011 09:46 AM

Once I tried to clean up my yard with a nuclear bomb and the whole freaking town disappeared. I didn't try THAT again. *chuckles* Silly girl. Good times, good times. Live and learn.

Pete Zicato 04-29-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 728803)
Once I tried to clean up my yard with a nuclear bomb and the whole freaking town disappeared. I didn't try THAT again. *chuckles* Silly girl. Good times, good times. Live and learn.

Way to bogart all the fun, IM. Jumping from M80 to nuclear bomb. :eyebrow:

infinite monkey 04-29-2011 02:22 PM

What's in between? I'm sorely lacking in munitions knowledge.

footfootfoot 04-29-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Zicato (Post 728917)
Way to bogart all the fun, IM. Jumping from M80 to nuclear bomb. :eyebrow:

Yeah, now we'll have to bring up the time you missed taking the trash out so you made a small black hole to toss the bags into when no one was looking and well, one thing led to another and the entire universe, including time, itself, got sucked into the black hole.

'Member that Pete? You sure had some explaining to do that time.

Pete Zicato 04-29-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 728923)
'Member that Pete? You sure had some explaining to do that time.

:lol2:

Nirvana 04-29-2011 05:15 PM

I would love me some squirrel but only if its crazy!