The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   I don't like it (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=35168)

BigV 06-06-2020 06:50 PM

"grass"

lol

I like it.

Gravdigr 06-06-2020 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1053671)
Kids today, when I was a boy you smoked whatever skunkie shit you had and you were glad for it.

Wish I could find me some old skool skunk weed, the kind ya put it in a bag, and put that bag in a bag, stick it in the glove box and it still reeks the whole damn car up.

lumberjim 06-06-2020 11:16 PM

I don't like it when people slap the fucking pen down on top of the paper after they sign. Cuz there's another fucking paper coming right behind that one. Times 20. Bad habit.

I don't like that.

Luce 06-08-2020 10:44 AM

I don't like this timeline. It is clearly defective, and has been for years.

No sir, I don't like it.

sexobon 06-08-2020 09:55 PM

I'm too sexy for my facemask.
Too sexy for my facemask.

So, I don't like it.

The only improvised facemask I'd actually want to put my face into would be made from an itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka-dot bikini that she wore for the first time today... and she can still have it on!

Luce 07-06-2020 01:48 PM

I don't like dealing with vinyl chloride fires at work.

I don't like that.

Gravdigr 07-06-2020 04:38 PM

Left big toe is on fire. I've named it Mrs Goutfire.

I don't like it.

And I wouldn't recommend it.

BigV 07-06-2020 05:46 PM

Do you know what kinds of things trigger it?

monster 07-06-2020 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 1054907)

Bad British accents, most likely.....

Gravdigr 07-07-2020 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 1054907)

I've tried to go back after a particularly bad case and try to know if it was something that's like "oh, yeah the last time I ate so-and so I hurt like hell" but, I can't come up with anything consistent, or severe, enough to recall.

The worst flare up I've had was (perhaps coincidentally) after a particularly lengthy beer binge. But, uh, I (ahem) drink me some beer on occasion, (shocking, I know) and it doesn't flare up regularly from that.

xoxoxoBruce 07-07-2020 12:34 AM

Quote:

Foods to Avoid if You Have Gout
Skip foods and drinks that are high in purines to help lower your chances of an attack.

You should stay away from these types of food:

Beer and grain liquors (like vodka and whiskey)
Red meat, lamb, and pork
Organ meats, such as liver, kidneys, and glandular meats like the thymus or pancreas (you may hear them called sweetbreads)
Seafood, especially shellfish like shrimp, lobster, mussels, anchovies, and sardines
High-fructose products like soda and some juices, cereal, ice cream, candy, and fast food

Griff 07-07-2020 06:18 AM

I don't like it when hot wings turn my guts inside out.
I love me some hot wings.
I don't like it.

BigV 07-07-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 1054923)
I've tried to go back after a particularly bad case and try to know if it was something that's like "oh, yeah the last time I ate so-and so I hurt like hell" but, I can't come up with anything consistent, or severe, enough to recall.

The worst flare up I've had was (perhaps coincidentally) after a particularly lengthy beer binge. But, uh, I (ahem) drink me some beer on occasion, (shocking, I know) and it doesn't flare up regularly from that.

I'm ok with beer, red meats, liquor. But I've had my last scallop and I remember loving scallops. Cured meat, like salami can only be enjoyed in small portions. And the other day I put a tin of smoked sardines on a salad and I thought I was gonna die and I was afraid I wouldn't. It felt like I'd broken my foot, I had to use my Mom's spare cane kept at the house here to walk to the bathroom and everywhere else for a day. The weight of the bedsheet on the top of my foot hurt so bad it made me think of a blacksmith hammering on my white hot iron toe. No more smoked sardines. Ever.

limey 07-07-2020 05:30 PM

Mr Limey does not like gout. And neither do I, on his behalf.

Carruthers 07-07-2020 06:13 PM

I don't like it.

It's... it's too quiet...