The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Announcements (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=35269)

monster 08-03-2020 03:47 PM

Announcements

I only have one, right now, but feel free to make your own announcements here too...

I do not have COVID-19. (yet)

I volunteered to work the election wherever I was needed so am being sent to deepest darkest Detroit. Today they sent me for a rapid test, and 30 minutes after they deep-mined my nasal cavities, they declared me innocent.

From my training session, I deduced that Detroiters do have a tad of a cavalier attitude to coronavirus precautions, so this day is yet young and I am not anticipating being met with a plastic screen between me and the voting masses, but we shall see.... I wouldn't dream of suggesting that this is in any way related to the scary covid figures in Wayne county....

been nice knowing you all.......

footfootfoot 08-03-2020 04:13 PM

wash your hands and use a neti pot

sexobon 08-03-2020 04:25 PM

Oh dear, she was sent to Covidtry.

monster 08-03-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 1056051)
use a neti pot

no way no how never

Dude111 08-03-2020 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster
I do not have COVID-19.

Thanx for letting us know :)

BigV 08-03-2020 09:41 PM

Thank you for your service.

Griff 08-04-2020 06:33 AM

I've been getting tested every Monday but my results have been coming in on Thursday afternoon. Not great turnaround.

Griff 08-04-2020 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1056048)
I only have one, right now, but feel free to make your own announcements here too...

I do not have COVID-19. (yet)

I volunteered to work the election wherever I was needed so am being sent to deepest darkest Detroit. Today they sent me for a rapid test, and 30 minutes after they deep-mined my nasal cavities, they declared me innocent.

From my training session, I deduced that Detroiters do have a tad of a cavalier attitude to coronavirus precautions, so this day is yet young and I am not anticipating being met with a plastic screen between me and the voting masses, but we shall see.... I wouldn't dream of suggesting that this is in any way related to the scary covid figures in Wayne county....

been nice knowing you all.......

If you could go ahead and not die this election season I'd appreciate that.

Diaphone Jim 08-04-2020 03:40 PM

What is the benefit from regular testing?
Is there an early treatment available?
Or does it just let you know you need to avoid everyone (quarantine) for the next two weeks?
And contact everyone you were near for the last two weeks?

xoxoxoBruce 08-04-2020 03:54 PM

Keeps the teacher away from the class.

Snort some crank or coke, it should burn those nasal passages right out.

Griff 08-04-2020 04:02 PM

What is the benefit from regular testing? I will stop seeing clients immediately.

Is there an early treatment available? They have learned some about how to treat it, outside of steroids I don't know what they're doing.

Or does it just let you know you need to avoid everyone (quarantine) for the next two weeks? Quarantine is crucial.

And contact everyone you were near for the last two weeks? Also crucial. They'll look at my work calendar and all other activity.

Gravdigr 08-04-2020 06:12 PM

Tested negative three times in the last three weeks.

I call that good, where I was (a large spa and torture center in Nashville) had an entire floor of corona-afflicted...

monster 08-04-2020 11:45 PM

I made it home.

The last few hours were hell (after the polls closed and we had to get the stuff to the receiving place and then I had to find my way out of the far side of Detroit and drive the 45 minutes home. Given my druthers, I would not do it again, but if it was needed I guess I would....

Griff 08-05-2020 06:12 AM

What protections were in place?

monster 08-05-2020 09:29 AM

we were provided with gloves, masks and face shields. It was required for poll workers to wear face masks, although the seasoned veterans often had noses sticking out or took them off to speak. We all had our temperatures taken and signed to say we were symptom free as we started.

We had sanitizing wipes to use to wipe down booth after each voter and there was hand sanitizer. My cow-orker (who -it turned out- lives half a mile away from me) was very good at this for our booths and even our pens. I did not notice it happening so much in other precincts, but then I wasn't watching all that closely. (There were 6 precincts voting at that location).

The booths were set up 6 feet apart, but the major slip up/oversight was that each precinct only had 1 table where voters filled out their applications, had ID checks and ballots assigned. here poll workers and voters were not 6 feet apart, neither were voters filling in applications.The table was probably only 6 or 8 feet long and there were two of us behind it.

I encountered two people with coughs that concerned me, but that was all, and they were masked.

Michigan did not require voters to wear masks to vote but I don't think I saw anyone without one, which (pleasantly) surprised me.