The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   I don't like it (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=35168)

lumberjim 06-03-2020 09:31 PM

I don't like it

I don't like the little bits of cellophane that cling to me when I open the thing that is wrapped in cellophane.

I also don't like it when water drips into my jeep window because my vent visors are coming unglued.

I don't.

Flint 06-04-2020 12:28 AM

i don't like your face idiot

lumberjim 06-04-2020 06:42 AM

I don't have a face idiot.

I don't like having to explain twice because you weren't listening the first time.

I don't like it.

Luce 06-04-2020 11:08 AM

I don't like humans. There are too many of them. I already met my wife, so the rest of you hairless primates are surplus to requirements. And there are 7.6 BILLION of you. Wear a condom, for God's sake.

I don't like humans. They make no sense. They howl and they jabber and they contradict themselves three times in the same sentence. If you turn your back, they will set off nuclear weapons in their own atmosphere. They are like high technology lemmings. "Hold my beer."

I don't.

glatt 06-04-2020 12:07 PM

Clingy cellophane to nuclear Armageddon in four posts.

I don't like this cheap task chair with the screws that poke through the cushion a little bit. I feel those bumps!

Griff 06-04-2020 12:27 PM

I don't like <3 year olds living in squalor when mom is an essential worker and wondering if I'm bringing home bedbugs.

Luce 06-04-2020 01:10 PM

I don't like this coffee. It tastes like how America looks right now. It is an injury to my dignity.

I don't like it.

lumberjim 06-04-2020 05:27 PM

That's the spirit

Gravdigr 06-04-2020 08:09 PM

Yeah, and it smells like cabbage.

I don't like it.

I don't.

Griff 06-05-2020 06:51 AM

I may have over-played the hand I was dealt yesterday.

I don't like how much noise this three legged cat makes thumping around.

Gravdigr 06-05-2020 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1053545)
...wondering if I'm bringing home bedbugs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1053587)
I don't like how much noise this three legged cat makes thumping around.

Is the cat's name Bedbugs?

Weird name for a 3-legged cat...

I don't like it.

lumberjim 06-05-2020 02:47 PM

I don't like the crop circles this mask makes in my beard.

Not at all.

monster 06-06-2020 03:44 PM

I don't like how every single app on my new phone has its own settings for notifications and autocorrect and does not pay attention to my universal ruling. I want them to STFU and leave my tryping alone.

I also don't like any of the varieties of smell of weed being smoked and how my neighbors on both sides are currently gassing me out of my garden. I don't.

Not at all.

Get off my lawn!

Griff 06-06-2020 04:37 PM

Kids today, when I was a boy you smoked whatever skunkie shit you had and you were glad for it.

limey 06-06-2020 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1053662)
I don't like how every single app on my new phone has its own settings for notifications and autocorrect and does not pay attention to my universal ruling. I want them to STFU and leave my tryping alone.

I also don't like any of the varieties of smell of weed being smoked and how my neighbors on both sides are currently gassing me out of my garden. I don't.

Not at all.

Get off my lawn!

Get off my grass!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigV 06-06-2020 06:50 PM

"grass"

lol

I like it.

Gravdigr 06-06-2020 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1053671)
Kids today, when I was a boy you smoked whatever skunkie shit you had and you were glad for it.

Wish I could find me some old skool skunk weed, the kind ya put it in a bag, and put that bag in a bag, stick it in the glove box and it still reeks the whole damn car up.

lumberjim 06-06-2020 11:16 PM

I don't like it when people slap the fucking pen down on top of the paper after they sign. Cuz there's another fucking paper coming right behind that one. Times 20. Bad habit.

I don't like that.

Luce 06-08-2020 10:44 AM

I don't like this timeline. It is clearly defective, and has been for years.

No sir, I don't like it.

sexobon 06-08-2020 09:55 PM

I'm too sexy for my facemask.
Too sexy for my facemask.

So, I don't like it.

The only improvised facemask I'd actually want to put my face into would be made from an itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka-dot bikini that she wore for the first time today... and she can still have it on!

Luce 07-06-2020 01:48 PM

I don't like dealing with vinyl chloride fires at work.

I don't like that.

Gravdigr 07-06-2020 04:38 PM

Left big toe is on fire. I've named it Mrs Goutfire.

I don't like it.

And I wouldn't recommend it.

BigV 07-06-2020 05:46 PM

Do you know what kinds of things trigger it?

monster 07-06-2020 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 1054907)

Bad British accents, most likely.....

Gravdigr 07-07-2020 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 1054907)

I've tried to go back after a particularly bad case and try to know if it was something that's like "oh, yeah the last time I ate so-and so I hurt like hell" but, I can't come up with anything consistent, or severe, enough to recall.

The worst flare up I've had was (perhaps coincidentally) after a particularly lengthy beer binge. But, uh, I (ahem) drink me some beer on occasion, (shocking, I know) and it doesn't flare up regularly from that.

xoxoxoBruce 07-07-2020 12:34 AM

Quote:

Foods to Avoid if You Have Gout
Skip foods and drinks that are high in purines to help lower your chances of an attack.

You should stay away from these types of food:

Beer and grain liquors (like vodka and whiskey)
Red meat, lamb, and pork
Organ meats, such as liver, kidneys, and glandular meats like the thymus or pancreas (you may hear them called sweetbreads)
Seafood, especially shellfish like shrimp, lobster, mussels, anchovies, and sardines
High-fructose products like soda and some juices, cereal, ice cream, candy, and fast food

Griff 07-07-2020 06:18 AM

I don't like it when hot wings turn my guts inside out.
I love me some hot wings.
I don't like it.

BigV 07-07-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 1054923)
I've tried to go back after a particularly bad case and try to know if it was something that's like "oh, yeah the last time I ate so-and so I hurt like hell" but, I can't come up with anything consistent, or severe, enough to recall.

The worst flare up I've had was (perhaps coincidentally) after a particularly lengthy beer binge. But, uh, I (ahem) drink me some beer on occasion, (shocking, I know) and it doesn't flare up regularly from that.

I'm ok with beer, red meats, liquor. But I've had my last scallop and I remember loving scallops. Cured meat, like salami can only be enjoyed in small portions. And the other day I put a tin of smoked sardines on a salad and I thought I was gonna die and I was afraid I wouldn't. It felt like I'd broken my foot, I had to use my Mom's spare cane kept at the house here to walk to the bathroom and everywhere else for a day. The weight of the bedsheet on the top of my foot hurt so bad it made me think of a blacksmith hammering on my white hot iron toe. No more smoked sardines. Ever.

limey 07-07-2020 05:30 PM

Mr Limey does not like gout. And neither do I, on his behalf.

Carruthers 07-07-2020 06:13 PM

I don't like it.

It's... it's too quiet...

Flint 07-07-2020 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 1054957)
The weight of the bedsheet on the top of my foot hurt so bad it made me think of a blacksmith hammering on my white hot iron toe.

Maybe this is what was happening. Did you check for blacksmiths?

BigV 07-07-2020 08:26 PM

I... I did not.

shit.

limey 07-09-2020 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carruthers (Post 1054977)
I don't like it.

It's... it's too quiet...

Me neither. (Where does this quote come from? It was a catchphrase for my brothers and I in childhood ...)

Diaphone Jim 07-09-2020 06:22 PM

Western matinees.

monster 07-09-2020 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey (Post 1055032)
Me neither. (Where does this quote come from? It was a catchphrase for my brothers and I in childhood ...)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diaphone Jim (Post 1055034)
Western matinees.

I think it's from something British too. Or something that aired in the UK. For kids. Maybe Scooby Doo echoing those matinees? It was a catchphrase for beest and I too when the kids were little :D

Carruthers 07-09-2020 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1055036)
I think it's from something British too. Or something that aired in the UK. For kids. Maybe Scooby Doo echoing those matinees? It was a catchphrase for beest and I too when the kids were little :D

I think it comes from a TV Western and was uttered by a cavalry sergeant to his officer just before a couple of hundred very warlike indians appeared on the skyline.

I'm sure it was also said by Sergeant Wilson, a man who always gave the impression he'd rather be somewhere else, in Dad's Army.

monster 07-10-2020 12:27 AM

I still think it was used regularly in something aimed at kids -most likely in homage...

xoxoxoBruce 07-10-2020 12:36 AM

It's quiet, too quiet.

Diaphone Jim 07-10-2020 11:06 AM

And that's all there is to say about that (though I skipped some).

I think maybe in "Zulu" too.
The Lone Ranger and John Wayne.

limey 07-14-2020 03:51 AM

I don't like a Toad free zone.
Not. one. bit.
No siree.
I don't like it.

xoxoxoBruce 07-14-2020 03:52 AM

Seconded! :crone:

BigV 07-14-2020 11:14 AM

Toaded!

fargon 07-14-2020 01:24 PM

Undertoad where are you?

monster 09-24-2020 06:44 PM

I don't like people riding recumbent bikes on the sidewalk. They are too wide and the recumbers are generally inconsiderate of other sidewalk users. I don't like it at all. Put a big flagpole on it and get in the bike lane where you belong, Malcolm.

And I don't like people who say "I know you're not a hugger" and then hug you anyway. No ma'am, I don't like it.

fargon 09-24-2020 07:56 PM

I Growl at people and they leave me alone.
Try it, it works.

BigV 09-24-2020 08:19 PM

bikes are fucking vehicles and belong on the roadway.

if you have a bike on the sidewalk, your fucking shoes better be on the sidewalk too.

Gravdigr 09-24-2020 08:24 PM

Man, he's strict...[/TheWacoKid in BlazingSaddles]

BigV 09-24-2020 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 1058498)
Boy, is he strict...[/TheWacoKid in BlazingSaddles]

ftfy

My god, I forgot how many epic lines are in that scene.... You, sir, have *exquisite* taste.

"Where all de white wimmin at?"
"I like rape."
"Badges?! We don't need no stinking badges!" /homage
"Kinky!"
"And now for my next impression...Jesse Owen"

just fuckin epic.

This is Desert Island material for sure.

monster 09-24-2020 09:19 PM

Here, we have bike lanes on most roads now. Whilst I agree bikes should be on the road (and I am a cyclist) there are some places where there are no lanes and it just isn't safe. But if you bike on the sidewalk, you are the biggest and fastest and it is your responsibility to give way to the slower pedestrian traffic. It's easier for you and you should spot them before they spot you and they can't be anywhere else. But those recumbers are just fucking dangerous. They go on the sidewalk because they're so low that the cars on the road can't see them and they don't like the fumes, but they are as wide as the sidewalk and expect all other the GTFO of there. And they are smug like trumpkin. Assholes.

Urbane Guerrilla 09-24-2020 10:36 PM

I've *never* seen a recumbent move fast. Their cruising speed is somewhere between that of a beach cruiser and the four-seat pedal-cart. Which is rather slower than typical of a shopping trike.

xoxoxoBruce 09-24-2020 10:41 PM

It's faster than people walk and as wide as the sidewalk.

monster 09-24-2020 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 1058522)
It's faster than people walk and as wide as the sidewalk.

and if you're going in the opposite direction it really doesn't matter what its speed is....

xoxoxoBruce 09-25-2020 12:35 AM

Going in the opposite direction they take up the sidewalk so avoiding them means get off. Going the same direction when they overtake you they are too wide to sneak by you so they have to get your attention for you to get out of their way. That may be easier said than done if you're wearing headphones and if they hit you there's no guarantee you will fall out of the way and not block the path. Inconsiderate fallers are the worst.

Griff 09-25-2020 06:47 AM

With the right rider a recumbent can make good time, but never on a sidewalk. I'm seeing bikes with add on motors cruising sidewalks, assholes, I don't like it.

monster 09-25-2020 02:33 PM

The fad for naming clothing and household item lines "Thing2 & Thing1". Earth & Sky, Time & Tru, House & Hearth, Puke & Catsick.... I don't like it. It's almost more annoying than developers adding an E to the end of street names to make them sound fancy or quaint (Pointe, Towne, Waye). I don't like that either. Or Millennials replacing perfectly good vowels with Ys. Fairs aren't more fun when spelled Fayre. And nobody needs to be called Mykynzy. They don't like it. Not at all. They have to buy two sets of alphabet stickers just to spell their names.

footfootfoot 09-25-2020 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 1053692)
I don't like it when people slap the fucking pen down on top of the paper after they sign. Cuz there's another fucking paper coming right behind that one. Times 20. Bad habit.

I don't like that.

You could give them a new pen each time. Just to fuck with them. Just take the one they slapped down and toss it in the can in a very deliberate way and then hand them a new one, making a long, deliberate show of extracting it from its box or custom Carpathian Elm burl pen caddy (shoot me a PM) making no facial expression whatsoever. Then, keep going until they stop slapping the pen down or ask you WTF?

Later, after they leave, just coolec them and put them back in the caddy.

zippyt 09-25-2020 10:02 PM

Later, after they leave, just coolec them and put them back in the caddy.

EWWWWW used pens !!!!
i dont like it

lumberjim 09-25-2020 10:45 PM

I'll tell you what I do like.

Bic Cristal 1.6 pens.

Except the glue booger on the new ones is a bitch to remove.

That is a thing I don't like about a thing I like. I just leveled up.

lumberjim 09-25-2020 10:48 PM

Just for context, I like them for my customers. It's super slippery and eager. Makes signing away your money feel like the right thing to do. Pens that resist aren't helping the economy.

I use a uniball gel 0.7 blue retractable pen exclusively.

monster 09-25-2020 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 1058559)

EWWWWW used penis !!!!
i dont like it

that's what he said....