The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What are we listening to now? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=6299)

WabUfvot5 06-07-2005 12:18 PM

Am I the only headbanger here?

Enslaved - Blodhemn \mmmmmmmm/

Queen of the Ryche 06-07-2005 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycamore
No Indigo Girls or Sarah McLachlan or Ani DiFranco, eh? ;)

Nope. I'm straight.

lookout123 06-07-2005 01:01 PM

i have never once in the 17 years that i've been listening to punk, metal, and hardcore referred to myself as a headbanger... so yes. yes you are. ;)

wolf 06-07-2005 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen of the Ryche
Nope. I'm straight.

See, syc. I told you about that revelation where I understood I was totally out of the demographic?

Hmmm.

Best way to disarm one who attempts to fence is to take away his best weapon ...

See, I revealed one of those deep dark secrets that probably should have stayed dark and deep.

I went to the Lilith Faire.

Mostly voluntarily.

Queen of the Ryche 06-07-2005 02:12 PM

So sorry - bad me. No bias/slander intended. Just thought it was a widely known assumption - Lillith Faire = feminism = implied lesbianism - PLEASE forgive me for my stereotypical remark. I was at one of those points in my day where the poison darts fly out involuntarily.

lookout123 06-07-2005 02:38 PM

Quote:

I went to the Lilith Faire.
AKA the dick cutter tour? that is what a group of us called it because our lovely brides all came back prepared to castrate us. strange phenomenon.

Queen of the Ryche 06-07-2005 02:43 PM

Thanks Lookout. I feel much less evil now.

elSicomoro 06-07-2005 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf
See, I revealed one of those deep dark secrets that probably should have stayed dark and deep.

I totally left you out of this conversation...no one told you that you had to open your mouth. :)

And I still have some weapons left.

staceyv 06-10-2005 07:50 AM

System of A Down's Mesmerize.
This is just as good as Toxicity, and B.Y.O.B has meaningful lyrics, if you bother to look them up.
They scream about "Why don't presidents fight the war? why do we always send the poor?!" They mention oil, and sing that we are being "fed lies from the tablecloth". At that point, the song becomes poppy and happy and they sing "la la la, everybody's going to the party to have a real good time, dancing in the desert, blowing up the sunshine..la la la la la la la la la la."
I love their use of sarcasm, the fact that they sing about us being lied to and brainwashed, and "Cigaro" seems to be written from Bush's point of view:
"My cock is much bigger than yours" ..."We're the propagators of all genocide
Burning through the world's resources
Then we turn and hide "
The lyrics are meaningful and the music ROCKS!

Don't steal it- Buy it!!

elSicomoro 06-10-2005 03:14 PM

I've been listening to Stevie Wonder mostly the past few days. The man is a genius.

Elspode 06-10-2005 03:59 PM

I'm *trying* to listen to Bob Dylan's "Blood on the Tracks", but my cheapass RCA unencumbered-by-any-features-mp3-player's output jack is toast.

I haven't been able to figure out a way to approach the Mrs. about needing something a little better...or at least actually functional.

elSicomoro 06-10-2005 04:03 PM

Oh, that's easy! Just tell Mrs. Ep that the gods have told you to buy an iPod...who are you to argue with them?

kerosene 06-10-2005 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staceyv
System of A Down's Mesmerize.
This is just as good as Toxicity, and B.Y.O.B has meaningful lyrics, if you bother to look them up.
They scream about "Why don't presidents fight the war? why do we always send the poor?!" They mention oil, and sing that we are being "fed lies from the tablecloth". At that point, the song becomes poppy and happy and they sing "la la la, everybody's going to the party to have a real good time, dancing in the desert, blowing up the sunshine..la la la la la la la la la la."
I love their use of sarcasm, the fact that they sing about us being lied to and brainwashed, and "Cigaro" seems to be written from Bush's point of view:
"My cock is much bigger than yours" ..."We're the propagators of all genocide
Burning through the world's resources
Then we turn and hide "
The lyrics are meaningful and the music ROCKS!

Don't steal it- Buy it!!

We got this one yesterday...I agree...I love it.

Elspode 06-10-2005 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycamore
Oh, that's easy! Just tell Mrs. Ep that the gods have told you to buy an iPod...who are you to argue with them?

Unfortunately, Mrs. Ep is on her own wavelength with the Gods, and I'm afraid there are few divine arguments or recommendations that I could slide past her without her doing a bit of checking up on her own...

WabUfvot5 06-10-2005 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookout123
i have never once in the 17 years that i've been listening to punk, metal, and hardcore referred to myself as a headbanger... so yes. yes you are. ;)

Bah, metalhead, headbanger, all the same. Just something so people know what I'm talking about.

Deströyer 666 - Cold Steel... for an Iron Age \mmmm/