The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Personal Health Philosophy (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13951)

freshnesschronic 04-22-2007 03:25 AM

Personal Health Philosophy

For me, a 19 year old Filipino male listed at 5'6" and a half (1.69 m) and 140.7 lbs (63.8 kg) living in the United States my personal health philosophy is:

Eat whatever I want, whenever I want but be moderate of course as long as I exercise regularly. In my case, that means playing basketball for 2-4 hours 4 to 5 days a week and lifting upper body (chest, arms, shoulders, abs) 1 or 2 days a week.

How about you?

duck_duck 04-22-2007 03:38 AM

Say no to drugs and alcohol, do not eat when you are not hungry and walk some everyday.

freshnesschronic 04-22-2007 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duck_duck (Post 336363)
Say no to drugs and alcohol, do not eat when you are not hungry and walk some everyday.

Ducky, you are Asian! Isn't there no age limit for drinking in Hong Kong? Don't you parents let you drink? :p

And what's with the walking thing. What person doesn't walk everyday? Maybe it's just cause I walk EVERYwhere in college, but I can't imagine not walking for a single day. The walking thing, that's no health philosophy, that's basic locomotion.

duck_duck 04-22-2007 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freshnesschronic (Post 336365)
Ducky, you are Asian! Isn't there no age limit for drinking in Hong Kong? Don't you parents let you drink? :p

And what's with the walking thing. What person doesn't walk everyday? Maybe it's just cause I walk EVERYwhere in college, but I can't imagine not walking for a single day. The walking thing, that's no health philosophy, that's basic locomotion.

It is 18 in hong kong and why would I want to drink? I put walking in because many think walking means going from the sofa to the kitchen for a snack. :p

freshnesschronic 04-22-2007 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duck_duck (Post 336367)
It is 18 in hong kong and why would I want to drink? I put walking in because many think walking means going from the sofa to the kitchen for a snack. :p

Why would you want to drink? :blush:

:drunk: :repuke: :doit:

Why not? :angel:

duck_duck 04-22-2007 03:50 AM

hahaha because it would probably end up like your illustration.

bluecuracao 04-22-2007 03:54 AM

This is so cute. I'll butt out now.

freshnesschronic 04-22-2007 03:59 AM

But what's your personal health philosophy blue?

bluecuracao 04-22-2007 04:28 AM

OK, since you asked...I love walking too, and I'm lucky to live in a city that's fun to walk in. But at 40, I try to watch what I eat, and drink lots of water. Especially after I've had lots of beer. :)

Most importantly, though, I keep my sense of humor, and try not to stress out.

duck_duck 04-22-2007 04:31 AM

No stress is key to a healthy life.

ravenranter 04-22-2007 04:51 AM

I aim for circuit training 3x weekly, unless i do something very physical, then I train 2x weekly. I walk 4 to 5 days weekly and aim for 2-5 miles, depending on time constraints, etc. I try to make sure that 2-3 of my veggies are raw and I try to limit meat to one meal each day. I avoid using dairy products too often. I also try to avoid vampires (people who suck me dry emotionally or mentally and give nothing in return). I try to get a lot of fresh air and keep the house aired out well. I avoid OTC and prescription drugs unless there is absolutely no way around it.

bluecuracao 04-22-2007 04:55 AM

So, you don't eat cupcakes? Ever?

Ibby 04-22-2007 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duck_duck (Post 336392)
No stress is key to a healthy life.

Amen. Thats prettymuch my health philosophy right there. If I chill out and dont worry about it, it can't hurt me.

Perry Winkle 04-22-2007 06:09 AM

I eat everything in sight. I do 1-1.5 hrs of cardio 5 days per week, and lift 4 days per week (heavy/light, push/pull splits). And any biking and hiking I can get in. I figure as long as there's no spillover when I pull my belt tight, and you can still see EVERY god-damned vein in my body, then there's no need to watch what I eat.

Aliantha 04-22-2007 06:51 AM

I excercise my fingers when I log into the cellar. That's about as close to physical excercise as I get except for housework, my job and looking after my family.

I wish I had 4 - 5 hours per day to dedicate to myself.