The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What is this? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14695)

DucksNuts 07-25-2007 06:23 PM

Thats the view into the big brother house:p

Uisge Beatha 07-25-2007 08:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, old #2 ....... It seems like looking through some sort of colored glass, but what, precisely? How about a glass Christmas tree ornament?

wolf 07-26-2007 12:17 AM

Guess #1 Traffic Light Lens
Guess #2 Power-On Light on a 1970ish piece of electronic equipment, possibly a stage amp.

xoxoxoBruce 07-26-2007 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 368062)
btw, still no suggestions for post #2? C'mon, people!

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 359787)
That steel strapping has been replaced with the saran wrap looking stuff that only sticks to itself. The green button is easy but that red blob is too vague for anything but a wild guess. I'll guess a campfire.

Post #88 is the hole in the side of an empty above ground pool from the inside.

glatt 07-26-2007 07:35 AM

#88 is a glory hole into a bullpen

Clodfobble 07-26-2007 10:24 AM

I seem to recall we were given the answer to the glowy green thing once before, and I didn't know what it was even after I was told...

barefoot serpent 07-26-2007 11:14 AM

HAL 9050?

BigV 07-26-2007 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 359710)
Here's a repeat from a while back that neatly fits into this thread.

Here's the explanation for post #2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 262602)
Ok. Uncle it is.

Borelight.

That is a green led at the bottom of a muzzleloader barrel, four feet deep and half an inch across.

At camp this year, we got a chance to learn all about firing a muzzleloader, and part of that process was cleaning them. At the end of the cleaning procedure, before reassembly, the barrel was inspected with this tool. Since a muzzleloader's barrel is more like a cup than a tube (ok, a really long tall thin narrow cup with a tiny leak at the bottom...nevermind), the borelight had to be dropped in from the muzzle and when it slid to the bottom, we were able to inspect it with the light it cast on the inside of the barrel. This is a picture of what I saw.

How to roll your own.

BigV 07-26-2007 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 368195)
#88 is a glory hole into a bullpen

No more callers, please. We have winner!

At Safeco Field, home of the Seattle Mariners, there is a pub/bar in left field. It is right at field level. There's a low overhanging roof with a window out into left field, covered by a net. When you're sitting at the bar looking out this window onto left field, to your left is the visitor's bullpen. This picture, #88, is a little round window with glass (or lexan probably) about the size of a baseball. looking onto the bullpen from the catcher's perspective. There are several of these little windows.

Good call glatt!

Flint 07-26-2007 11:57 AM

It immediately made me think of being behind one of the old-fashioned scoreboards...
...but I couldn't figure out what part of a ball field would have two walls that close together.

BigV 07-27-2007 05:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What is this?

Clodfobble 07-27-2007 05:49 PM

Ooh! Ooh! I know I know! But I'll be subtle about it in case anyone wants to guess.

It's multi-colored foam from a car wash! My car wash does the same thing, one color soap in each sprayer, so you're all rainbowed. But how did you get a picture of it? Did you drive out halfway through, or get out of the car mid-wash?

theotherguy 07-27-2007 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 368822)
Ooh! Ooh! I know I know! But I'll be subtle about it in case anyone wants to guess.

It's multi-colored foam from a car wash! My car wash does the same thing, one color soap in each sprayer, so you're all rainbowed. But how did you get a picture of it? Did you drive out halfway through, or get out of the car mid-wash?

Mine too.

Uisge Beatha 07-27-2007 05:52 PM

:eek: All over the window?! Damn, somebody doesn't know to not shake a beer before opening. :p

Ibby 07-27-2007 08:39 PM

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't give oral sex to the driver.