The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Ben and Jerry's has issued a new ice cream flavor (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19238)

Pie 01-12-2009 09:15 PM

Ben and Jerry's has issued a new ice cream flavor

(as seen on MeFi)
To celebrate the Inauguration, Ben and Jerry's has issued a new ice cream flavor, Yes, PeCan, with profits donated to the Common Cause Education Fund.

There's a bunch of suggestions for flavors commemorating Bush/Cheney. Some of my faves:

Iraqi Road
ImPeachMint
WireTapioca
Nut'n Accomplished
Anchovy Fuckup Surprise
Housing Bubble Burst
Neandertholitan
Heckuva Job Brownie
Flunky Monkey
Go Fudge Yourself
Abu Grape
Gitmocha
Is Our Chocolate Learning?
Good Riddance You Lousy Motherfucker... Swirl

TheMercenary 01-12-2009 09:36 PM

So much for bringing the country together…
By Michelle Malkin • January 12, 2009 04:10 PM

How some Obama cultists will be celebrating the inauguration:

Adams Morgan Main Street (AMMG) offers “Destination Change” with fun and off-beat events. Adams Morgan Main Street, the non-profit organization that produces “Adams Morgan Day,” presents an Inaugural Promotion highlighting the unique and diverse elements of Adams Morgan from Friday, January 16 through January 20.

Adams Morgan Main Street is hosting and showcasing interesting inauguration-related events with everything from elephant pinatas to extended hours to food and drink specials, costume contests, elephant dart boards, Inaugural inspired artwork and more.

The Kick-Off is at the corner of 18th and Columbia Rd. on Friday, January 16 at 5:30 pm and 7:00pm with an Elephant Pinata Bash - Take a swing! Out with the old, in with the new! Also, plan to “Tell the President!” your ideas by posting them on the Kiosk. On Saturday, January 18 the public can take another Swing at the Elephant Pinata at 11:00 am and 1:00 pm, or catch another opportunity with Grand Central’s pinata that evening at 7:00pm.

L’Enfant Cafe offers a special Inaugural Brunch every day culminating in an Elephant Pinata Bash at 11:00pm on Jan 19.

(link)

So much for the new spirit of bipartisanship.

Can you imagine if Republicans had kicked off either of Bush’s inauguration days with Donkey Pinata Bashes?

Climate of fear! Inciting violence! Insane rage!

Nope. Now, it’s all just good “fun and off-beat.”

footfootfoot 01-12-2009 09:36 PM

Good Riddance You Lousy Motherfucker... Swirl

I'll buy a dozen and freeze the rest!

classicman 01-12-2009 09:38 PM

I'm dyin to try the "Anchovy Fuckup Surprise"

classicman 01-12-2009 09:41 PM

The situations were very different when Bush took office too - I mean lets be realistic - A LOT of shit has gone down in the last 8 years concluding with the grand finale of all time - the economic crisis.

TheMercenary 01-12-2009 10:18 PM

This sums up the last 8 years pretty well IMHO:

"Here's another NICE mess you've gotten me into."

http://www.patfullerton.com/lh/movies/finemess.html

sweetwater 01-13-2009 06:48 AM

I believe ImPeachMint was first introduced during the Nixon administration, at least according to my book on ice cream. Perhaps Potatoe Surprise could work for another. ;)

Shawnee123 01-13-2009 07:26 AM

IS our chocolates learning? I don't think No Chocolate Left Behind is working. :eyebrow:

wolf 01-13-2009 01:38 PM

Cool. Another reason not to buy Ben n' Jerry's

Pie 01-13-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 521834)
IS our chocolates learning? I don't think No Chocolate Left Behind is working. :eyebrow:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDub
"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?

—Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

Shawnee123 01-13-2009 01:50 PM

Heehee...that's why I changed it to "chocolates" rather than "chocolate" as it was in the original post. I had to recreate the number disagreement. ;)

I did neglect to carry it on into the second sentence. Rats!

Pie 01-13-2009 02:57 PM

Aha.
Another one, not for Gdub --

McCain/Praline '08

richlevy 01-13-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 521750)
Can you imagine if Republicans had kicked off either of Bush’s inauguration days with Donkey Pinata Bashes?

Somehow I don't think that it is a DNC sponsored event.

I'm sure we could find equally if not worse tasteless displays somewhere in the country back when Bush took office. Ms. Malkin has a very selective memory. Since she is quite f***able, I'm willing to forgive her this small defect.

TheMercenary 01-14-2009 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richlevy (Post 522066)
Somehow I don't think that it is a DNC sponsored event.

I'm sure we could find equally if not worse tasteless displays somewhere in the country back when Bush took office. Ms. Malkin has a very selective memory. Since she is quite f***able, I'm willing to forgive her this small defect.

I don't disagree with you. In fact I was more responding in kind to 8 years of attacks. At least we will have 4-8 more years of new materials and screw ups to work with now. :D

Undertoad 01-14-2009 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richlevy (Post 522066)
Since she is quite f***able, I'm willing to forgive her this small defect.

I wrote the Ann Coulter rant to say that hateful, spiteful women are not attractive.