The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What do u wonder about CHINA ? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=3335)

alamuhan 05-07-2003 10:51 PM

What do u wonder about CHINA ?

Now ,we r suffering SARS, it's a big challenge.
What else do u want to know about China ?
i'm a college student in Shan Dong ,east of China.
My English is poor,but , u can get me,aren't u ?
Ok, we can talk everything about my Homeland !

elSicomoro 05-07-2003 11:02 PM

Billy has started a similar thread, but let me ask both of you this question: How did you find us here at the Cellar? It's always interesting to see how people stumble upon us.

elSicomoro 05-07-2003 11:06 PM

Ooh! Let me ask you this: What would you have as a typical dinner in China? For example, on a typical evening, my fiance and I might eat lasagna (an italian dish consisting of flat wide noodles, with ricotta and parmesan cheese, beef, and tomato sauce).

Billy 05-07-2003 11:14 PM

Know you here

Quote:

Originally posted by sycamore
How did you find us here at the Cellar?
I know you in one Chinese forum (www.tianyaclub.com) English section. The writer said that he/she hard seahed it by google.com. So I come here. I unimagine it is so cool here.

alamuhan 05-08-2003 02:46 AM

Re: Know you here

Quote:

Originally posted by Billy

I know you in one Chinese forum (www.tianyaclub.com) English section. The writer said that he/she hard seahed it by google.com. So I come here. I unimagine it is so cool here.

Haha, it is a marvel ! "The writer said that he/she hard seahed it by google.com. "---- I happened to write an article about that Look Here , the world is so small ,isn't it ?

Typical dinner ? How do u think, Billy ? Rice , i think ,it's the main food ; there are also many dishs, such as "Hong Shao" Pork ,u know ,i don't know how to say it ,but it's very delicious !
(personly speaking,i love "eggs &tomatos )

xoxoxoBruce 05-09-2003 10:58 AM

Hi Al, I see you're about 2000km north of Billy and about parallel with our mid-atlantic states. I also noticed Beijing is much further north than I have thought and China extends way above Korea.
The recent influx of Chinese to the Cellar has made me revisit my geography lessons. That's good. :D
Has your area had the build up of industry and commerce that Foshan has?
Do the local people resent different ethnics speaking different dialects coming in to take jobs?

Hubris Boy 05-09-2003 04:31 PM

Thank you. I am wondering this about China very much:

Many way are there to talk here from your country to you? Who there can say yes or no to your internet? Who is controlling allocations of IP addresses and access from them? Is there much watching of the internet by many of the government and the People's Liberation Army?

Thank you very much.

Billy 05-09-2003 08:42 PM

I have posted it top other section

Quote:

Originally posted by alamuhan
Typical dinner ? How do u think, Billy ?
Thank you for introducing me to come so cool website. Your English is wonderful. Where are you from and what do you do?

I have posted my view about China food in other section of this web. You can go to see it.

Billy 05-09-2003 08:49 PM

Good communication

Quote:

Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
The recent influx of Chinese to the Cellar has made me revisit my geography lessons.
Yeah, it is a good way that you know us and we know you. Now I just answer you and forget to ask you. I will ask you soon. OK?

alamuhan 05-09-2003 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce

Has your area had the build up of industry and commerce that Foshan has?
Do the local people resent different ethnics speaking different dialects coming in to take jobs?

I'm in the capital city of Shandong--Ji'nan.I have not been to Foshan,so i can't tell Ji'nan from Foshan. Ji'nan is a city of more than 2k years history ,do u know Confucius ? He's born here :)
We do have build up industry and commerce here,but it is still under develping, whose GDP is higher ? I don't know .

Since I'm not a native here in Shandong, i have to say people here r kind-hearted, hardworking and of great hospitality, welcome to Shandong :D

By the way ,do u know Haier ? a most famous brand in China, it's in Shandong ,too .

Billy 05-09-2003 09:35 PM

I am from PuYang, Henan Province

Han, I from Puyang, near Ji'nan. Many my middle school calssmates study there and work in ShanDong. I have not been to Ji'nan. I know if famous as Spring City. But now there are few spring in the city. Confucius, China old famous ideologist and philosopher, was born, teached and lived in Shandong.

alamuhan 05-09-2003 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hubris Boy
Thank you. I am wondering this about China very much:

Many way are there to talk here from your country to you? Who there can say yes or no to your internet? Who is controlling allocations of IP addresses and access from them? Is there much watching of the internet by many of the government and the People's Liberation Army?

Thank you very much.

There r many ISP here , it's just up to your money :D
"Who is controlling allocations of IP addresses and access from them? "---exactly i don't know ,but i haven't have any problem of that yet .
Our government and PLA have their own job to do , and , if they r watching we all the day , how can i talk here at Cellar ?
:D

xoxoxoBruce 05-10-2003 09:32 PM

Al, you can't assume you're not being watched just because they have not stopped you. I don't see anything that you've said here that would upset them. I always assume that "someone" is aware of everything I do in public. The internet and telephones are public.

wolf 05-11-2003 12:34 AM

Someday Billy is going to stop posting here and we will all wonder ... did he just move on, or did he hear the knock of authority on his door ...

Billy 05-11-2003 08:42 AM

I will go on

Quote:

Originally posted by wolf
Someday Billy is going to stop posting here and we will all wonder ... did he just move on, or did he hear the knock of authority on his door ...
I am falling in love you, Cellar.org. I see you many times one day. I dream to hold you in night. I hope to chat with you every day. You teach me more here. I feel coming back in school class, siting beside one coffee table.

I plan to the USA in China New Year holiday to meet oenm my freiend and contact schools. I don't know if I can get one visa. It is difficult to get one now.