The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   May 2, 2011 [b]: Osama hideout (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=25120)

Undertoad 05-02-2011 11:55 AM

May 2, 2011 [b]: Osama hideout

http://cellar.org/2011/osamahideout.jpg

Last night, Pakistani Sohaib Athar unwittingly Tweeted Osama's death raid, writing things like

"Helicopter hovering above Abbottabad at 1AM (is a rare event)."

"Since taliban (probably) don't have helicpoters, and since they're saying it was not "ours", so must be a complicated situation"

"people are saying it was not a technical fault and it was shot down. I heard it CIRCLE 3-4 times above, sounded purposeful."

In a few hours, people realized that he had been tweeting the killing operation, and first the Internet descended on him in a swarm: "Interesting, I didn't think my name would trend on twtter before releasing a couple of rock albums and a few award-winning software...."

This morning he notes "Can't believe #binladen lived right next to my grandma's home in #abbottabad." and twits the above pic with "Here's a picture of OBL's hideout in Abbottabad, as shared by a friend"

A nice quiet hideout for retirement, in what looks like a nice town and a good section of the country.

monster 05-02-2011 12:47 PM

::starts wondering about the neighbors::

Spexxvet 05-02-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 729736)
sounded purposeful

WTF?

Trilby 05-02-2011 12:53 PM

I wonder what was going thru Osama's head when he heard that chopper? Denial, Anger, Acceptance, Bargaining....his 72 Big-Dicked Toppers? :D

monster 05-02-2011 12:54 PM

a bullet

xoxoxoBruce 05-02-2011 12:54 PM

Athar is a CIA agent, planting the story on the net. The whole thing happened in the same studio as the fake moon landing.

Silazius 05-02-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 729765)
WTF?

As in, it was circling and intended to land...I think.

Gravdigr 05-02-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 729769)
The whole thing happened in the same studio as the fake moon landing.

Ok, let's see:

Look for Osama for over ten years.

Then:

Find him, kill him, and bury him at sea in less than 24 hours.

Bullshit.

Undertoad 05-02-2011 02:49 PM

No, that right there is a well-executed plan. Apparently the point is to give supporters no specific place to gather and memorialize. As well as having no actual body for people to continually dig up to "prove" some sort of "point".

Keeping the body around on ice would probably piss off Muslims too much, they have strict rules about body handling.

infinite monkey 05-02-2011 02:52 PM

I also heard that they didn't think any nation would WANT the body...at sea was the best choice.

UT is right...it's going to be hard to build him a big old shrine out there, and something tells me they don't like shrines that aren't close to where the things that shrines are made for actually happened. They're Shriney Happy People.

Sundae 05-02-2011 02:58 PM

True.
It was disrespectful to move the body in the first place (within the faith).

But only those who believe in his extremist views would ever consider him a true Muslim, therefore all bets are off. Back in the 80s I'd have happily seen Gerry Adams buried in unconsecrated ground, despite him presenting as a Catholic. In fact I'd have happily seen his head on a spike on London Bridge and fuck the church burial.

Osama's wife identified him.
How many 6'5" Arabs live in enclaves in Pakistan anyway?

monster 05-02-2011 03:02 PM

I'm sure they took videos and pics of the corpse.

Sundae 05-02-2011 03:04 PM

I certainly saw some shaky vids of the compound.
One Sky newscaster said, "And is this after the raid?"

No, fuckwit, it's from Youtube - old Ozzie was testing out his new camera...

glatt 05-02-2011 03:09 PM

There's a fake picture of the corpse floating around out there today in the internets.

Sundae 05-02-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Floating around.
snicker.