The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   DO YOU SMOKE POT? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4801)

lumberjim 02-17-2004 06:04 PM

Re: Re: Do you smoke pot

Quote:

Originally posted by SteveDallas

I'm one of those... what can I say? I've downed my share (at least) of booze and indulged in smokin tobacco for a few months, but I just never felt the urge to try weed.

this is probably why you like opera music so much.

quzah 02-17-2004 06:18 PM

Figure this one out:

My neighbor catches wild birds in a huge cage in his yard. He does this because he likes one particular type of bird to hang around his house. He lets the one kind he likes free, and smashes the heads of the rest with a hammer.

What this fuck-hole does is legal, but were I to grow a particular type of plant, I'd be in prison. What a great country.

Quzah.

Undertoad 02-17-2004 06:50 PM

Trapping and bapping birds on the head is probably not legal.

Happy Monkey 02-17-2004 07:01 PM

How about field mice?

little bunny foo foo...

wolf 02-17-2004 08:19 PM

Q, unless your neighbor is shooting crows on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday with a valid small game hunting license, he is violating the law.

Call the game warden on his ass.

BrianR 02-17-2004 09:21 PM

and if the Law cannot/will not stop thy birdie-killing neighbor, an untimely fire (after all trapped birds have gotten away of course) might just give him pause.

Brian

Troubleshooter 02-17-2004 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BrianR
and if the Law cannot/will not stop thy birdie-killing neighbor, an untimely fire (after all trapped birds have gotten away of course) might just give him pause.

Brian

I'm not what you call a green, eco-friendly kind of guy, but I'm with you on this one. Sometimes you have to step outside of the box.

Regardless of your secular/religious orientation I feel that humaity IS the steward of the environment specifically because we are outside of the usual ecological cycle. Our presence destabilizes it where ever we are present. So we have to compensate for our presence.

That fucktard needs to go.

quzah 02-17-2004 09:57 PM

Unfortunately, Starlings and Sparrows are considered preditory birds, and as such, it's perfectly legal for him to bash them. It doesn't mean I have to like it. I've been trying to figure out exactly what I should do. But from a legal standpoint, I can do nothing.

Quzah.

SteveDallas 02-17-2004 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lumberjim

this is probably why you like opera music so much.

Man, you've got this opera obsession going on. Maybe we need to kidap you and take you to the Met.

dar512 02-18-2004 08:55 AM

Quote:

Man, you've got this opera obsession going on. Maybe we need to kidap you and take you to the Met.

LJ, while a fine guy in many respects, leans toward the neanderthal.

xoxoxoBruce 02-18-2004 09:06 AM

Quote:

A friend was telling me, he and his wife had a box at the Met in NY the night after Thankgiving. The box had a TV that showed a closeup of the singer like at a rock concert. The best part was the lyrics were shown across the bottom in English. I could get into that.:)

JeepNGeorge 02-18-2004 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BrianR

Brian

We must becareful not to become what we hate. Killing birds or untimely fires is all the same.

SteveDallas 02-18-2004 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
A friend was telling me, he and his wife had a box at the Met in NY the night after Thankgiving. The box had a TV that showed a closeup of the singer like at a rock concert. The best part was the lyrics were shown across the bottom in English. I could get into that.:)
I've never been in the fancy boxes so I don't know about the video! But almost all opera houses project English titles these days. The Met resisted for years, but they now have a seat-back LCD system that displays the titles so you can choose to turn off the display if you don't like it.

lumberjim 02-18-2004 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dar512

LJ, while a fine guy in many respects, leans toward the neanderthal.

you're just still mad about that time when i hit you with my club and stole your woman.

actually, while i am educated, and majored in art in college, i DO tend to relate better to simple pleasures. I might actually enjoy an opera, but i think i'd have to be really really stoned. I love classical music....bach, motzart, schroeder.
http://www.funtocollect.net/images/l...EANSCHROED.JPG

you know, the masters.....

CrySanctuary 02-18-2004 01:24 PM

Nope, personally StraightEdge...

And how many 15 year olds can say THAT? *grin*