The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Under pressure (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=5996)

blue 06-05-2004 07:53 PM

Under pressure

I don't make it a habit out of blatantly stealing, but does anyone have an MP3 of this? Or even an album I could borrow?

I consider this to be one of the greatest songs ever written, Queen & David Bowie...what a concept.

I'll go buy it but need it tonight. Anyone? Actually the lyrics would suffice, hmm, I bet I could get them off this internet thingy, but I'd love to get the track itself.

hot_pastrami 06-05-2004 11:08 PM

I have it... from the Queen's Greatest Hits CD. I didn't know Bowie was involved with it. If you still need it let me know, and I'll upload it to my webserver, and PM you a URL to download it.

elSicomoro 06-05-2004 11:13 PM

It's also on David Bowie's "Best Of Bowie" CD (both versions).

blue 06-05-2004 11:17 PM

YES! I knew someone had it...please do.

I just erased about 20 lines of conversation I had with the last dork that said he had it then said it was a gay song.

You know who you are. dumbass.

lumberjim 06-05-2004 11:32 PM

i never said i had it. i just asked you "bowie?" to clarify the you wanted a copy of the song when you asked me " do you have under pressure?" with no quote marks. You could have meant .....i don;t know....something else...or something. I said right away that it was a gay song. It wasnt like i strung you along and then pulled the rug out from under your feet. I said it was a poor example of queen's work, and Vanilla Ice ruined it for the rest of us.
It is now a gay song, and if you continue to listen t it, you will begin to crave penis. Look what happened to Freddie Mercury. And David Bowie has played a skin flute or two unless I miss my guess. I am only warning you out of a sense of brotherhood.

hot_pastrami 06-05-2004 11:32 PM

You've got a PM. Hopefully this is the cut you're looking for.

elSicomoro 06-05-2004 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lumberjim
It is now a gay song
Since when?

lumberjim 06-05-2004 11:35 PM

i think your implied defense cements it's position. so to answer your question,

Quote:

06-06-2004 12:33 AM
is the official moment that the song "Under Pressure" came out of the closet.

elSicomoro 06-05-2004 11:36 PM

Oooookay.

blue 06-06-2004 12:33 AM

Good god I hate to do this, but you're outnumbered LJ. This song rocks, I didn't even know what "gay" was when this song came out. Queen is one of the finest bands to come out of that era, bar none...David Bowie ain't too bad either.

I just found out tonight Rob Halford(sp?) lead for Judas Priest was gay, apparently noone told me when he came out 20 years ago. How'd this thread turn all gay?

btw I use "Gay" the same way you do, maybe the homos will finally retire it when our generation dies off. So, anyway, some kind soul came through while I was typing and delivered....good song, you're an idiot.

turned away, from it all, like a blind man

elSicomoro 06-06-2004 01:03 AM

Other musicians that are openly gay:

--Elton John
--Bob Mould (Husker Du/Sugar)
--Pete Burns (Dead or Alive)
--George Michael
--Andy Bell (Erasure)
--Boy George
--Doug Pinnick (King's X)
--Melissa Etheridge
--Joan Jett

Of course, if the music is good, I don't care what they are.

blue 06-06-2004 01:11 AM

And most of them suck, I prefer openly good, could give a rip about their sexual orientation.

wolf 06-06-2004 01:16 AM

I thought Elton John was openly ambiguous, so as not to negatively impact sales.

But yeah, pretty much everyone on that list is NOT amongst my favorites, with a couple (like George Michael) being on my just plain don't like list.

elSicomoro 06-06-2004 01:28 AM

Nah, Elton John declared himself openly gay in an interview with Barbara Walters in the 90s.

I like songs here and there by all the artists I listed...I'm a fan of Elton, George Michael and King's X.

Undertoad 06-06-2004 07:22 AM

Rob Halford of Judas Priest. This one was weird because when he came out it gave a whole new connotation to the leather metal thing.