The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is there any doubt? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=6116)

blue 06-18-2004 10:28 PM

Is there any doubt?

Jesus, they beheaded that contractor...just like they said they would.

Kinda puts Abu Graib in perspective eh? I'm so disgusted with the arab world right now. I'm no racist but damn that has to be the ugliest, sorriest excuse for a culture around to day?

Damn, we're closing in on 1000 soldiers dead for these people? Who think we're the great fucking satan?!?!

Yeah, yeah I know, it's just the extremists, ....well judge a tree by its fruit. Really wish the arabs would stand up and denounce this.

wolf 06-18-2004 10:34 PM

I can't take credit for the idea ...

But what if the Saudis (who are holding the prisoners that the hostage takers were demanding to be released) just went right on ahead, lined the prisoners up, and beheaded the lot of them.

Might make the Guinness Book of World Records for Mass Beheadings too.

jaguar 06-19-2004 02:28 AM

True, in Abu Graib they got beaten to death, packed in ice, given fake papers and hidden from the Red Cross.

xoxoxoBruce 06-19-2004 04:04 AM

And the Red Cross is supervising these beheadings?:p

Happy Monkey 06-19-2004 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by wolf
But what if the Saudis (who are holding the prisoners that the hostage takers were demanding to be released) just went right on ahead, lined the prisoners up, and beheaded the lot of them.
Not too far fetched. Isn't that one of their standard methods of capital punishment?

jdbutler 06-22-2004 12:06 PM

I heard a suggestion on a talk show this morning. The caller suggested that we get a list of the names of the prisoners they want released and behead them all when they behead the Western captives...sort of makes sense to me as all that those bastards respect is the use of force.

(Unfortunately, it just came over the news that the South Korean hostage that was pleading for his life was beheaded today also...)

Troubleshooter 06-22-2004 12:35 PM

There is truly only one solution to this poblem.

No one wants to do it, it won't get done, but it is till the only solution.

Good or evil isn't the issue.

Stopping the killing is.

Happy Monkey 06-22-2004 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jdbutler
I heard a suggestion on a talk show this morning. The caller suggested that we get a list of the names of the prisoners they want released and behead them all when they behead the Western captives...
Eye for an eye. It's worked in Israel...

jdbutler 06-22-2004 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Happy Monkey
Eye for an eye. It's worked in Israel...
Sure has...ever since the Israelis started targeting the terrorist leaders the attacks have quieted. I also agree with TS that the killing must stop, but how do you deal with people that will slowly saw your head off while you lay there screaming? A few MOAB's and Daisycutters might get the message across.

jaguar 06-22-2004 01:01 PM

It slowed before that because it is close to impossible for people to cross the border between the two now. The attacks on leaders were more of a political move ahead of the possible gaza pullout. There are some good graphcs floating around if you don't believe me.

Where do you suggest they drop the jdbutler? Rihad? Shock and Awe certainly awed the Iraqis that they all laid down their arms and lay at the feet of the US for the next year.

If you're using force it's because you've fucked up somewhere, if you use force to solve it, you're fucking up again.

Troubleshooter 06-22-2004 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jdbutler

Sure has...ever since the Israelis started targeting the terrorist leaders the attacks have quieted. I also agree with TS that the killing must stop, but how do you deal with people that will slowly saw your head off while you lay there screaming? A few MOAB's and Daisycutters might get the message across.

Eliminate them completely.

There is no message the will get across. That's the point.

wolf 06-22-2004 01:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Troubleshooter
There is truly only one solution to this problem.
I take it the words "Green Glass Desert" figure into your solution.

I'd prefer a "persons responsbile" vs. "entire populace" solution to be attempted first, although the balance of beheading the Saudi prisoners, appeals to me.

(Reminds me, Trinity Day is approaching. I have to rummage through my closet to find my favorite commemorative tee shirt.)

Happy Monkey 06-22-2004 01:21 PM

If only we could kill a few more people, the killing would stop.

BrianR 06-22-2004 03:14 PM

Beheading the prisoners kind of appeals to the sadist in me too. But I'd go one step further and follow that urban legend about the Philipping General who took 50 prisoners, killed 49 of them in front of the 50th, stuffed them upside down into a mass grave with barrels of pig intestines (smelly stuff!) and then released the 50th. Supposedly the attacks on friendly troops stopped shortly thereafter.

I never could find any corroboration for that story so it MUST not be true, but it does sound suitably evil and satisfies my personal bloodlust for the creeps in the masks who murder noncombatants (and regular soldiers for that matter) and then slink away rather than face reprisal. Cowards! :mad:

Too bad we don't have the balls to stand up to the world condemnation that would surely follow such a merciless act.

Brian

marichiko 06-22-2004 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Troubleshooter

Eliminate them completely.

There is no message the will get across. That's the point.

Errr... Why does that make the phrase "final solution" come to my mind?