The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How Come everyone (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=17045)

Trilby 04-16-2008 03:08 PM

How Come everyone

is so much smarter, prettier, clever-er, better educated, more informed, has better stuff, smarter children, wittier lines (eg. Oh, yes I said it!), and knows where all the silver goes on a formal dining table?

why am I so fucking small and insignificant? why can't I say cliche lines and get away with it?

why does my arm still hurt and NOBODY will help me? I hear things like this, "OH, well....5mg of percocet every EIGHT hours is A LOTof medication!!! NOBODY has EVER had that much medication---ever!!!!!! AS a matter of fact, you should be dead via overdose by now...and no, we can't give you anything stronger---there simply ISN"T anything stronger!!"

"Nurse, there are PLENTY of stronger things. Percocet 7.5 mg or 10 mg leap to mind....I'm not asking for fentanyl here, sister, just a leg up,"

Why do I feel so blackish in my soul? they want me to get radiation but EVERYTHING was neg---the breast tissue, the (24) nodes they cut out and now I'm supposed to say---hey, bring more shit on! with NO pain relief! Kwel!!!!

I hate the medical establishment and I have a voice mail in to tell them.
despite my god given PATIENT rights to have my port taken out during breast surgery, my surgeon REFUSED to do it.

monster 04-16-2008 03:29 PM

They suck and they lie and you are one of the funniest laugh-out-loud-swallow-coffee-before-reading bitches out there, you have a kid going to uni on a scholarship, you've beaten that motherfucking tumour, you've dealt with the dodgy prof and you're still going to school. Fuck it Bri, hiow much more perfect do you want to be? OK painfree, there's one I can't help nuch with, sorry. I only have acetaminphen in, but I'd mail it to you in a heartbeat :(

glatt 04-16-2008 03:39 PM

Also, most people only share the stuff they are proud of and good at, so you aren't getting an honest sample of what other people are.

skysidhe 04-16-2008 03:42 PM

I'm not feeling prettier. I don't have better anything and my attempts at comfort make me only feel invisible. That said I'll keep trying.

I don't know why the medical establishment is so stingy with pain killers and pain management. I have a family member going through some horrific pain so I can empathize. I know empathy dosn't solve anything for you especially from the uncool but empathize I must.

~best wishes~

* goes to light an incense in your honor because there isn't anything better I can do about it*

Cicero 04-16-2008 03:54 PM

How come everyone...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 446324)
is so much smarter, prettier, clever-er, better educated, more informed, has better stuff, smarter children, wittier lines (eg. Oh, yes I said it!), and knows where all the silver goes on a formal dining table?

why am I so fucking small and insignificant? why can't I say cliche lines and get away with it?

lol! That's funny because that was what everyone else was just thinking.
:D

Better quit complaining about the durgs to the health pros. or they will give you less. Or worse, switch you to something milder..so uhh... Shhhh! Oh yea..you don't wanna go there.

Shawnee123 04-16-2008 03:59 PM

That's true. I always think of you as beautiful, smart, witty. I know your children are smarter than mine, 'cause i don't have any. ;)

I can set a formal dining table, only from working for the richies for some years, ya know?

I suck at pretty much everything, AND I'm a big fat ugly pig-head with no friends and no life. So THERE!

Bri, you rock the planet as far as I can tell!

lumberjim 04-16-2008 07:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
mwuah

Trilby 04-17-2008 07:12 AM

Is she a lumberjinxgirl?

and thank-y for them purty :flower:

lumberjim 04-17-2008 09:13 AM

no...just some pic i found. the bouquet was the parameter, but i like the look on the girl's face.

Sundae 04-17-2008 09:20 AM

Her forehead is too big. And her hair is too thin.
Sorry.

Bri your only problem is your self image.
We all think you're wonderful.

Sheldonrs 04-17-2008 09:58 AM

So that's one vote that you don't matter and all the rest say you matter a LOT! You're out-voted. :-)

Now live damn it!

xoxoxoBruce 04-17-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 446434)
Her forehead is too big. And her hair is too thin.
Sorry.

That's what Bri will look like when she's 95. ;)

limey 04-17-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 446434)
Her forehead is too big. ....

... which is why she looks like one of LJ's :D

But srsly Bri - you really ARE one of the good guys. Can't you feel the waves of lurve reaching across the Pond to getcher?

SteveDallas 04-17-2008 01:32 PM

It's all pretense on teh part of the other people. All of it.

Urbane Guerrilla 04-17-2008 02:19 PM

"Teh part," aye. Man it is hard to type "teh" deliberately. The sort of thing makes a man suck a tooth and murmer, "Quel fromage!" bitterly.

Well, Bri... :grouphug:

Maybe put the Ode To Joy on Repeat Play until the clouds lift?

"Ja, wer auch nur eine Seele, sein nennt auf dem Erdenrund!"