The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   reincarnation thoughts (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=28832)

Gypsy 03-30-2013 09:36 AM

reincarnation thoughts

Well, I was surprised to see that Claudette had shared with all of you my experiences related to reincarnation (see her post from 2-24-2013). She is the only person in the world that I told that to because I try to hide my wierdnesses. Anyway, I do believe that we are here many times to learn the lessons it is important for a wise soul to know. So I believe Claudette is in Summerland, reviewing her life; the good and the bad, and reflecting on lessons learned or not learned. She will then design her next incarnation to advance the wisdom of her soul. When she is ready she will return here to play another part. It doesn't matter that she/he won't remember her life as Claudette. It only matters that her soul remembers the lessons Claudette learned. Maybe she and I will meet again in Summerland and return together as sibling another time.

After thinking it over, I have concluded the following:

I would bear any burden for her; therefore I will bear this: to suffer her loss so that she will be at peace.

wolf 03-30-2013 10:00 AM

Celebrate her life. The ending was such a short and small piece.

I also believe in reincarnation. I don't think it's weird at all. And I know that Trilby will come back and the world had better watch out, because she will make the most amazing use of every moment.

Pete Zicato 03-30-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trilby's sis (Post 858903)
I would bear any burden for her; therefore I will bear this: to suffer her loss so that she will be at peace.

This is a beautiful thought beautifully worded. I've saved it to my quotes file.

I hope you find peace.

footfootfoot 03-30-2013 12:59 PM

I had wanted to write a post about my own views on reincarnation when Trilby asked that question earlier. Instead, I'm posting Robert Thurman who is more of an authority on the subject than I am.

Crimson Ghost 03-30-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trilby's sis (Post 858903)
She is the only person in the world that I told that to because I try to hide my wierdnesses.

Don't hide it.
Revel in it.
If someone doesn't like it, tough.
Being weird has worked for me for these 40-odd years.
And here, in The Cellar, weirdness is normal.

Welcome, and condolences on your loss.

xoxoxoBruce 03-30-2013 05:36 PM

Extra points even. :haha:

Pete Zicato 03-30-2013 05:57 PM

True dat. We be all weird 'n shit.

regular.joe 03-30-2013 11:30 PM

Entropy is just lazy people laying around??? Is that the official Buddhist view? Bwahaha. I wonder if I can use that idea in my physics class when I get to college.

toranokaze 03-31-2013 12:28 AM

Well no entropy is the increasing randomness of the universe; an office becoming messy would be a better example.

I believe in reincarnation it is concurrent with Jewish teachings and early Christin teaching as well as modern BIBLE translations. There exists a number of different accounts of those who remember their past lives sometimes in great detail.
It is not something I like talking about, but I do remember somethings of my past the come in bits and pieces like trying to remember a childhood memory. Like eating an apple in a tree, washing my hands in a river, and some bad things. Actually quiet a few bad times I guess trauma sticks out.

Sundae 03-31-2013 06:39 AM

My views on life were clarified by a comedy article I read when I was about 15.
On one page was A Day In The Life Of A Bluebottle.
It was quite funny, involving getting the teenagers off the pile of faeces to go do some work etc.

The facing page was almost entirely blank.
It was A Day In The Life Of A Mayfly.
It read:

Born, Eat, Shag, Die.

It wasn't meant as a clever-clever statement, but it did have a profound effect on me.
And it was the beginning of the end for religion and me.
I respect other people's beliefs, although when they are forced on people, especially in the name of education I do get a little cross.

I loved Bri. I can't change my beliefs because she died, otherwise that would nullify all those others who have died in much, much harder circumstances. She went the way she would have chosen and it does sound as if she went softly and quietly.

Just because I don't think she is coming back, doesn't mean that I won't keep her alive in my thoughts. As Wolf said. So many Dwellars have big hearts.

DanaC 03-31-2013 07:07 AM

I've already said more than enough about my views on reincarnation. But I will say that the opening post paints a lovely picture. It's a nice thought.

Also: The Cellar is a place where weird is just day to day. A place where a dwellar can express their phreakiness in the sure knowledge there will be other phreaks ready to share it.

Gypsy 03-31-2013 07:10 AM

She will be remembered by so many for alot of things...including (if I may add some humor here) for her plethora of cats, one of whom is in my lap right now.

Thanks for all the comments!

toranokaze 04-05-2013 11:24 AM

Adding humor is a stable spice here.

Pete Zicato 04-05-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toranokaze (Post 859563)
Adding humor is a stable spice here.

Staple spice.

We can also be snarky.

ZenGum 04-09-2013 08:47 PM

No, no, a stable spice is horse radish.