The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Recent Movies You've Seen? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=21617)

Gravdigr 04-21-2017 11:27 AM

Watched that recently. Decent.

Snakeadelic 04-29-2017 07:58 AM

We were all feelin down and kinda crushed by circumstance last night, so we retreated to some awful, awful favorites. Like Ghost Rider (don't judge me, I like the effects, especially the dual riders headed for San Venganza scene, and I'm old enough to think Sam Elliott is hot). And The Avengers. Side note, I can't WAIT for my birthday because Thor 3: Ragnarok will be on the big screen and it looks so frisky from the teaser!

Also, SQUEE they paid Jimmy Page whatever ridiculous amount he demanded to use one of my fave Zep tunes in the teaser!!! :D I WILL be singing along if they preview it at Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 (which is going to be the next theater movie we see) on account of I've known the lyrics to that song for most of my life...

Snakeadelic 04-29-2017 08:00 AM

I've been recommending a couple of Werner Herzog documentaries a lot lately, too.

Inferno is about volcanoes, with a really awesome side trip in Ethiopia to hunt hominid fossils.

Happy People is about sable trappers in the heart of the Russian taiga, the vast forest that covers much of central and eastern Russia. Way more interesting than it sounds!

Both are available on streaming as far as I know. It hasn't been terribly long since I checked, so hopefully they're still there.

glatt 08-12-2017 12:40 PM

Dunkirk is a very well done and extremely manipulative movie. I feel a little violated.

Gravdigr 08-12-2017 03:31 PM

Get Out was pretty good. Most profitable movie, compared to it's budget, released this year.

BigV 08-12-2017 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 993897)
Get Out was pretty good. Most profitable movie, compared to it's budget, released this year.

I enjoyed it immensely. I was successful at avoiding all the trailers, had only heard one interview before seeing it, well, that and numerous "omg, this movie is great" remarks.

I was not disappointed.

Clodfobble 11-21-2019 08:00 AM

Saw "Parasite" last night. It's a foreign film that won't be in theaters much longer, so go see it while you can. Crazy good--and it's best if you go in knowing nothing about the plot.

glatt 11-21-2019 08:22 AM

Yay! Somebody else saw it.

Seriously peeps. Go see it. Best movie I have seen in a few years.

Gravdigr 11-22-2019 02:58 PM

John Wayne flick The Searchers.

Not a recent movie, but I recently watched it.

Griff 11-24-2019 09:35 AM

I saw Blinded by the Light last night. 1980's English Pakistani culture lit up by Springsteen, good stuff.

sexobon 12-08-2019 08:48 PM

Hmmm, I'm not really interested in the superhero genre of movies and I didn't see the previous WW one. I wonder if the '80's setting (which is back when I was running around the world) will bring enough nostalgia to make a difference; or, if it'll get lost in the special effects.