The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   The Internet (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Numanuma, spreading to a website near you! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=7746)

Dunlavy 02-12-2005 11:00 AM

Numanuma, spreading to a website near you!

Over the past couple of months a song by a band known as O-zone, called Mi-ya-hii, began taking a flash turn for the worst. We are now plagued to see strange guys dancing on their webcams and even nerdier guys making a Starwarskid-esk movie to the song, these are known as Numanuma.

Now for your fear... Here is Numanuma

(by the by, I couldn't decide whether to put this under entertainment or internet. I decided to the latter because it IS becoming an internet craze.)

Elspode 02-12-2005 08:18 PM

Well, I don't know about any of the other products in this "craze", but I gotta say that I've seen much worse amateur video efforts online. I think this kid did a pretty good job on what he was doing, actually.

Beestie 02-12-2005 09:36 PM

Amateur my ass, that guy knows what he's doing with a video camera. He even used the technique Hitchcock made famous in Vertigo where, to simulate the dizzying effect, he would simultaneously back the camera away from the subject while zooming in to keep the subject at the exact same visual distance but distort the background.

In all, I thought it was a cool video but maybe 30 seconds too long.

Dunlavy 02-13-2005 11:49 AM

Yeah, I liked everything except for the last part, if that's what you were trying to say. And I know it's not an amateur, it seems to be like a planned out starwarskid. You think that's bad? The more amateur one is the one you can find more often around google, it's of a somewhat fat nerd guy dancing in his chair to the song with his webcam.

Undertoad 02-13-2005 11:57 AM

I saw that one and it seems definitive, I doubt I can ever think of anything else when hearing that song.

Dunlavy 02-13-2005 12:02 PM

But you have to admit that it's catchy. Maybe I should make a post about this in Conspiracy theories.... I watched it in the library office at my school, some people saw it, they began watching it and people watched them. Soon enough the announcement program played it as the opening theme, now I can hear it walking down the halls....

Miska 02-13-2005 07:45 PM

Hate to sound like an ass, but it's called 'Dragostea Din Tei.'

Dunlavy 02-14-2005 01:57 PM

Then why does the band call is Mai-Ya-Hii? The band is O-zone, and under a site that's what the song is titled. Where are you getting your facts from?

Okay, just cheked a few more sites, it's hard to tell anymore. Some dites have Dragosta Din Tei while others have Numanuma or Mai-Ya-Hii.

lol 02-14-2005 06:24 PM

>=( ebaumsworld stole that and replaced the video

Dunlavy 02-14-2005 06:26 PM

Not suprised.... Ebaumsworld does everything..... I think there's a movie of me clipping my toe nails on there somewhere...... ^_^

Griff 02-14-2005 07:23 PM

That video is just intoxicating!

Dunlavy 02-14-2005 09:17 PM

the song shall envelope you..... You shall spread it! The song comands it!

xoxoxoBruce 02-14-2005 10:06 PM

Reminds me of the Happy wanderer;

I love to go awandering
Along the mountain track
And when I go, I love to sing
My knapsack on my back

Valderee, valderah,
Valderee, valderah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha,
Valderee, valderah,
My knapsack on my back

I love to wander by the stream
That dances in the sun
So joyously, it calls to me
Come join my happy song

Valderee, valderah,
Valderee, valderah,
Come join my happy song
[Play it Jeffrey!]

Overhead, the skylarks wing
They never rest at home
But just like me, they love to sing
As o'er the world we roam

Valderee, valderah,
Valderee, valderah,
As o'er the world we roam

Dunlavy 02-15-2005 08:06 AM

Never heard that one.... Hum, I'll look it up sometime.

Pete 02-15-2005 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff
That video is just intoxicating!

OK you're right. It's growing on me. I wanna be his friend.