The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   3/25/2004: Monk takes one to the groin (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=5410)

Undertoad 03-25-2004 03:17 PM

3/25/2004: Monk takes one to the groin

http://cellar.org/2004/monkballs.jpg

Official cap: Former Assembly Speaker Herb Wesson, D-Culver City, kicks Zhang Xiao Ju betweent the legs during a demonstration performed by Buddhist monks at the Capitol in Sacramento, Calif. Monday. In their first visit to the United States, a group of Shaolin martial artists from SongShan, China demonstrated acrobatic flips and shows of strength among other things. With the monks urging him on, Wesson made several kicks to the monk who showed no emotion.

I have no comment.

Elspode 03-25-2004 03:35 PM

Re: 3/25/2004: Monk takes one to the groin

Quote:

Originally posted by Undertoad
I have no comment.
I do...

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! OW! JESUS CHRIST, FUCK! AAAAAAAAA!!!!

I don't know what these guys are studying, but I hope I never piss one of them off.

ndetroit 03-25-2004 03:41 PM

We've come a long long way.....

Imagine if this picture were published in the 50's or 60's? ... You've gotta admit, it's pretty metaphorical... I'm not exactly sure what the metaphor is, but the US flag in the background is a nice touch.

also: HOLY SHIT HOW IS THAT DUDE ABLE TO JUST STAND THERE AND NOT FLINCH FROM BEING KICKED IN THE *BALLS*???

jinx 03-25-2004 03:49 PM

I think that's gotta be the ugliest freakin' carpeting I've ever seen! What the hell were they thinking? Does CA have a Sect'y of the Interior I could email or something?

e unibus plurum 03-25-2004 03:52 PM

shuddup & pay yer taxes:(

ummm... Grasshopper

dar512 03-25-2004 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jinx
I think that's gotta be the ugliest freakin' carpeting I've ever seen! What the hell were they thinking? Does CA have a Sect'y of the Interior I could email or something?
I understand it completely. It's the color of money.

glatt 03-25-2004 04:13 PM

How do we know that this monk has, in fact, any balls at all?

Elspode 03-25-2004 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jinx
This is California. They probably have a Secretary of the Interior Decoration...

xoxoxoBruce 03-25-2004 05:03 PM

I'd read the monks can pull them up into their abdomen as an exercise.
Or his name is Nancy.;)

Torrere 03-25-2004 05:22 PM

Mr. Wesson must not be very well balanced.

Pearcie (AUS) 03-25-2004 05:37 PM

No Balls

I'm with Glatt and Bruce, he either aint got none or he's sucked em up into his abdomen for this demo. I cant believe anyone would allow someone else to smash the hell out of their manhood just to demonstrate discipline or mind over matter or whatever.
Or are the monks so far advanced that they can actually prevent their body from reacting in a normal way (eg swollen balls - perhaps internal bleeding). That would be rather impressive. If so, I think the next demonstration should involve a shotgun to the chest. Seein a monk cop that without flinching (or dying) would be REALLY IMPRESSIVE!

Beestie 03-25-2004 05:53 PM

I've seen the touring shaolin and they are beyond amazing. And it is rumored that the more skilled of them *can* pull their nads up into their abdomen.

Brigliadore 03-25-2004 06:27 PM

I was intrigued by this so I just did a little research on google. From what I have read it looks like:
A: There is a particular move in the Shaolin martial arts style, that they teach people to preform called the Tuite Technique. The Tuite Technique consists of grabbing your opponents testicles, and then twisting and pulling at the same time.
B: As a way to counter the effects of the above Tuite Technique they teach the monks to resist huge amounts of pain. I couldn't find anything that says for sure that they learn to retract their testicles, but I did find lots of references to hanging 50+ pound (and heaver) weights from the testicles as a way or training the body not to register the pain.

Remind me never to get in a fight with one of those guys.

lumberjim 03-25-2004 07:18 PM

that's nothing

I saw video of a lady stamping a guy's nuts into a tile floor with her high heels. He seemed to enjoy it. These are just some kinky monks, that's all.

richlevy 03-25-2004 09:17 PM

Unofficial cap: Former Assembly Speaker Herb Wesson, D-Culver City, kicks Zhang Xiao Ju between the legs. Mr. Wesson was demonstrating for Californians the relative effects of tax increases and service cuts which will be required to balance the budget.