The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Danger around every corner (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9000)

Hobbs 08-24-2005 09:47 AM

Danger around every corner

You never know when your number is up. The news reports that yesterday, at a local Walmart in Peoria AZ (just down the street from where I used to live), a 51 year old man drove up in his car and gunned down two teenage Walmart employees while they brought in shopping carts. No motives, no reason, nothing. The cops follow him to his house and he gives up without a fight. It just boggles my mind. To have your child taken away from you becuase of a sensless act of violence...I'm speachless....

lookout123 08-24-2005 10:38 AM

one of my clients has a son who is a clerk there. he is pretty shaken up because he was on break, otherwise it would have been his turn to collect the carts from the lot.

Cyclefrance 08-24-2005 11:15 AM

Too many motiveless crimes of murder - we had a young married cyclist killed with an 18" machete last week as he cycled in a busy shopping area - totally unprovoked. Makes you sick in more ways than one

lookout123 08-24-2005 11:18 AM

were they trying to remove a nut to improve his performance?

marichiko 08-24-2005 11:42 AM

I don't understand how someone could make it to the age of 51 and then have a sudden psychotic break and start shooting people. That's just wierd stuff. :worried:

Undertoad 08-24-2005 11:50 AM

Over the weekend Jacquelita's next-door neighbor was nearly choked to death by her psychotic boyfriend. He took off and hid in the woods. The cops were trying to install an alarm but the guy cut her phone lines. His probation officer agrees that he's insane and dangerous. It was discovered that he was breaking into neighbor's sheds. Last night J and her daughter and one of the next-door neighbor daughters slept over at my place for safety.

WTF.

wolf 08-24-2005 12:20 PM

If J's next door neighbor needs info on the mental health commitment process, if she's in PA, PM me with info on what county she's in and I'll reply with contact information for the correct crisis center.

Griff 08-24-2005 12:21 PM

Drunk long missing because of vague prison issues younger cousin dropped acid and showed up on my doorstep rambling about death in an unintelligable southern/ghetto accent last week. Apparently motherfucka is now a complimentary term, who knew? My father-in-law was visiting. Yes, this is my gene pool your lovely daughter has chosen to wade into. Cuz was treated to a quarter hour of sober wise alcy sagedom, took his plastic bag of Bud, started walking back to NY, and prolly won't remember any of it. Almost makes a guy want to lock his doors. That kid is a major tragedy waiting to happen.

wolf 08-24-2005 12:38 PM

From the sound of things, it already happened, the young man just doesn't realize it yet.

Undertoad 08-24-2005 04:48 PM

They caught J's neighbor's choker. He had another go at the neighbor, but she overpowered him this time and apparently threw him around the house. :lol: Not recommended for everyone, but it worked this time!

xoxoxoBruce 08-24-2005 05:16 PM

12 GAGE! :mad:

Clodfobble 08-24-2005 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad
...she overpowered him this time and apparently threw him around the house.

Awesome! My mom took me to a self-defense class when I was 12 and at the time I thought, "Jesus, my mom is overprotective," but I have since realized how cool it is that someone my size (not what you would call muscular) can totally kick a big person's ass if you know how and where to do it.

xoxoxoBruce 08-24-2005 05:26 PM

What do you do when that big person also took the class? 12 Gage. ;)

Undertoad 08-24-2005 06:22 PM

Her daughter ran over the J's house during all this, and got J's 18-year-old son. He believes he is indestructable, but this is a kid who was a DT while also being a skinny white guy, so he is really tough. But by the time he got there, he found his services were not needed.

marichiko 08-24-2005 06:57 PM

I like 12 GUAGE! Was over at the pawn shop this afternoon viewing them. Very reasonable prices. The ax murderer returns from Aspen next week. I think a 12 GUAGE against his ax might put the odds slightly in my favor. I just have to wait for him to step inside the door far enough that I drop him within the house. Colorado has a "Make my Day " law that should cover it from there! :eyebrow: