The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Off duty police killed by invader (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=15242)

duck_duck 08-30-2007 03:01 AM

Off duty police killed by invader

The man accused of being drunk behind the wheel of a sports car that killed a Flint police officer was arraigned Tuesday on charges that included second-degree murder.

Ramon Felix Pineda stood mute in 52-2 District Court before Judge Kelley Kostin, who denied bond based on the severity of the charges and his status as an illegal resident of the United States. "I don't find any comfort the bond would give Mr. Pineda the conviction to show in court," Kostin said.

link

Ibby 08-30-2007 04:16 AM

What's the definition of a troll?

Hit-and-run posting? Same topic over and over and over? Intentional inflammatoriness? Starting threads but never responding?

yesman065 08-30-2007 07:23 AM

From the same article -
Quote:

Ramon Felix Pineda stood mute in 52-2 District Court before Judge Kelley Kostin, who denied bond based on the severity of the charges and his status as an illegal resident of the United States. "I don't find any comfort the bond would give Mr. Pineda the conviction to show in court," Kostin said.

Pineda is alleged to have been illegally living in the United States for the last 10 years under false identities, including a cousin who lives in Mexico. He is being charged with seconddegree murder, operating while intoxicated causing death, leaving the scene of an accident causing death and driving with a suspended license.
*my bold for emphasis*

yesman065 08-30-2007 07:26 AM

The charges carry a life sentence - so we get to "let 'em all in" and then clog our prison system.. .. .. and waste tax dollars on them too. Thats a great idea! I'd rather let the people who have something to offer in and keep out those who wish to abuse our wonderful country.

DanaC 08-30-2007 08:48 AM

Quote:

so we get to "let 'em all in" and then clog our prison system
Yeah, cause soooo many of those illegal immigrants are murderers rapists, or cop-killers right?

wolf 08-30-2007 09:11 AM

An unfortunately high number, yes, Dana.

yesman065 08-30-2007 09:46 AM

Based on percentages, Dana? I have no idea, do you? As far as simple numbers are concerned, yes the number is very high - to me even one is too many. Although they were mostly here legally, look what a dozen or so did on 9/11. Read the reports from the border states where an inordinately high number of crimes are repeatedly committed by ILLEGALS. Many of them simply vanish back across the border to avoid prosecution, then return to do it again.

Let us be in control of our own borders - why is that too much to ask?

monster 08-30-2007 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yesman065 (Post 380159)
they were mostly here legally, look what a dozen or so did on 9/11.

Hmm. If there were mostly here legally, I'm not sure this example serves any purpose in this argument :eyebrow:

I'm here legally. Do I get lumped in with the illegals for the sake of example too? Or only if I break the law?

wolf 08-30-2007 10:01 AM

Depends, do you have evil intent and malice aforethought? Not learning to fly but not land, are you?

wolf 08-30-2007 10:03 AM

incomplete list

monster 08-30-2007 10:03 AM

I have quite brown skin....

wolf 08-30-2007 10:06 AM

Try a higher factor sun screen. Other than that, we don't care, just so long as you've got one of those pink IDs. (or formerly pink. I think they changed the color of the green cards recently).

monster 08-30-2007 10:11 AM

It's a dellightful shade of cream. With lots of fancy holograms and stuff. And a picture of a convict pretending to be me on the front.

Sorry as you were, I don't think troll_troll was after this information [/hijack]

elSicomoro 08-30-2007 10:14 AM

And in the "turn the tables" department...http://www.officer.com/online/articl...ion=1&id=37570

yesman065 08-30-2007 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 380165)
Hmm. If there were mostly here legally, I'm not sure this example serves any purpose in this argument :eyebrow:

I'm here legally. Do I get lumped in with the illegals for the sake of example too? Or only if I break the law?

The example displayed what that a very small number can do a whole lot of damage if they want. My point is to control our borders and then let in as many or as few as is best for our country as a whole.