The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Signs of the times (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=2172)

Griff 10-01-2020 06:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1058538)
I'm not really sure death threats are appropriate here. It does illuminate the truth that some gun nuts are armed for intimidation not self-defense.

Let's play a quick game of find the potential tyrant. I suspect you won't be there to help remove him if he pretends the election was invalid. Who is the potential tyrant in this picture?

Griff 10-01-2020 03:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)

fargon 10-01-2020 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1058837)

What Griff said.^^^

Urbane Guerrilla 10-05-2020 11:05 PM

If Griff said what it looks like Griff said...

NOT what Griff said.

Seriously, my child: YOU can call him anything you like. That doesn't MAKE him anything. Nor does it make ME believe anything. Not even if petulance is your latest hobby. You're afraid of the wrong people, you know.

How many genuine tyrants afford a Second Amendment? Think they could? And how does DJT view the Second?

tw 10-06-2020 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla (Post 1059121)
If Griff said what it looks like Griff said...
NOT what Griff said.

Who are you attacking this time?

BigV 10-06-2020 10:01 PM

UG

dude, you crack me up.

Griff 10-07-2020 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw (Post 1059148)
Who are you attacking this time?

Jesus maybe?

tw 10-07-2020 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1059266)
Jesus maybe?

Who is the only person that Trump will not attack? Himself. Maybe.

Urbane Guerrilla 10-08-2020 10:50 PM

I see V, tw, and Griff would rather make their root-canal appointments than look up what Trump's view of the Second Amendment is.

Any 2A activist you know will tell you that the electorate armed is something a tyrant cannot survive nor endure.

Griff's stance is particularly untenable -- and were he genuinely concerned the country was sliding into tyranny or something, Griff would be out getting at least three firearms: a rifle (an AR type in 5.56mm NATO chambering probably the easiest to feed regardless), a pistol suiting his tastes, and a .22 rimfire (anything) to practice with surely and cheaply. Centerfire ammo runs into bucks unless you'd like to get into reloading, which in a genuinely concerning national situation of the above sort might be a darn good option to have around.

But I do not observe a sign of genuine, true concern from him. What I see reading between his lines is an intense emotional state -- like fear. As I said, of the wrong people.

xoxoxoBruce 10-08-2020 10:54 PM

Tell that to an Apache helicopter or A-10. :rolleyes:

Griff 10-09-2020 06:44 AM

Griff is well armed.

Trump supports the 2nd in hopes that Vanilla ISIS is Standing BY. We are beyond well-armed as a nation. We have enough guns and ammo to kill the shit out of each other while Putin enjoys the show. We'd be better off respecting the electoral process and learning how to interact with the government officials we elect instead of taking our guns to the State House every time we are asked to be humane.