The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The HCG Diet (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23003)

Pooka 06-22-2010 06:09 PM

The HCG Diet

Your input please...

No trashing... just honest feedback from those who have actually participated in this protocol or have studied it extensively...

Not to be a jerk, but I am not interested in editorializing by those who haven’t really researched it… we all have opinions…

What I'm looking for is your expeience personally with it.

jinx 06-22-2010 06:26 PM

My sister just mentioned a neighbor of her is trying this and has dropped a ton of weight. Having to wear gloves all the time so she doesn't touch any type of oil freaked me out. That and the consuming only 500 cal a day....
I can ask her more about it if you want Pico, I just kind of shrugged it off as a wtf at the time...

lumberjim 06-22-2010 06:27 PM

pooka

Pooka 06-22-2010 07:03 PM

Yes sir?

xoxoxoBruce 06-22-2010 07:04 PM

He was correcting Jinx.

Pooka 06-22-2010 07:04 PM

No one I know doing it is wearing gloves... that is facinating... yes I"d like to hear more about that.

lumberjim 06-22-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pooka (Post 665580)
Yes sir?

hi, how's it goin?

missed you.

k bai.

Pooka 06-22-2010 08:13 PM

I'm great! Just been busy with the Littles. I've missed you too!

Pooka 06-22-2010 08:23 PM

FYI... fairly regularly...when the kids are sleeping... before Flint hogs the computer... I check the WTF NSFW thread...hehe

jinx 06-22-2010 08:29 PM

Oops, sorry Pooka.
I'll ask about the gloves tomorrow if I remember.
My sis just said, because of this diet, this woman is not allowed to touch(or ingest) any type of oils (lotions, baby wipes etc) so she wear gloves all the time. I don't know wtf. The 500 cal a day seems like it would do the trick without any hormones or gloves needed - is that standard?

Sperlock 06-23-2010 11:03 PM

My friend is on this protocol - I have not seen him wear or talk about wearing gloves so as to not touch oils. 500 cals is standard for a certain phase...before that, you have three "loading" days where you eat a lot.

Pooka 07-07-2010 04:17 PM

Ok... sooo... I decided to give it a try (I failed to tell you guys before... sorry). And... after the first two weeks I was down 14lbs... I'm now down 15 lbs and dropping. It is easier than I thought. I seem to do well on restricted diets. I just started my period so my progress is slowing a bit, but the scale is still moving in the right direction.

I can tell you anyreservation I had about it is gone and the doubters out there in the medical community haven't researched enough. After the two days of stuffing myself on any and everything I actully lost 4 lbs... if the sublingual HCG was placebo as some folks suggest that would not have occured.

Not only is the weight coming off at a rate I could only have dreamed of, but I have the clarity of mind I have not had since prior to getting knocked up by Flint.... seriously. I feel so great and have such wonderful concentration that I decided to go back to school and signed up for Statistics this fall.

Yesterday I spent half the day sorting my closet and pulled out a huge stack of clothing that no longer fits... because it is too big.

I can't say that from time to time I don't wish I could eat the kids pizza or sneak a ice cream, but the rate of success is sufficient to keep me on track. I spend time every day reading over the protocol and journaling... it is amazing how much food obsessing I was doing before... it is nice to be able to acknowledge the thoughts and let them go. I can see that if you take this seriously as a cure for obesity and use the time and techniques correctly you could come out the other side with much better habbits. I plan on making that the case here... don't get me wrong... I look forward to the day I can have my friends awesome gnocci stew again, but I'll be having a small portion made with buffalo and low fat sour cream instead of eating half the pot of the full fat version myself.

classicman 07-07-2010 04:58 PM

Awesome! Good for you!

Shawnee123 07-07-2010 05:28 PM

I'm glad you're doing so well Pooka. :)

Clodfobble 07-07-2010 10:51 PM

Way to go, Pooka! I'm glad you're feeling so good, that kind of emotional lift would practically be worth it even without the weight loss.