The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Wicked Witch is dead. (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=17426)

Yznhymr 06-04-2008 07:31 PM

The Wicked Witch is dead.

Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.
Which old Witch?
The Wicked Witch!
Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.
Wake up, you sleepy head.
Rub your eyes
Get out of bed.

Reference: Sen. Hillary Clinton will officially suspend her campaign for the presidency by the end of the week, multiple sources told CNN.

:lol2:

TheMercenary 06-04-2008 07:34 PM

There is a God. But she will not go quietly. She will make some kind of power play and secure a position.

Yznhymr 06-04-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 459532)
There is a God. But she will not go quietly. She will make some kind of power play and secure a position.

That's a given and part of the Clinton playbook/legacy/rules of war.

smoothmoniker 06-04-2008 08:32 PM

Again, I marvel at how many people called this "sour grapes" when the republicans accused the clintons of the same thing, back in the day.

Beest 06-04-2008 11:03 PM

She's not dead yet

Urbane Guerrilla 06-04-2008 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoothmoniker (Post 459555)
Again, I marvel at how many people called this "sour grapes" when the republicans accused the clintons of the same thing, back in the day.

Wasn't like they didn't have cause, though. The Clintons behave only one way: discreditably. I wouldn't vote for The Baggage With The Baggage if you bribed me.

headsplice 06-05-2008 11:27 AM

They (the Clintons) play rough, that's for sure. I don't think Republicans have anything to complain about, though.

Shawnee123 06-05-2008 11:33 AM

:sheep:

wolf 06-05-2008 01:34 PM

Dead? Don't count on it.

I would prefer her being chosen to run for VP, but only because it will keep her out of the Supreme Court for the time being.

lumberjim 06-05-2008 01:44 PM

who is this 'wolf' person......they seem familiar somehow.

flaja 06-05-2008 08:18 PM

If she only suspends her campaign, then she will still have her pledged delegates when the convention starts. This means that she could still make a fight for the superdelegates and make a play for the nomination.

I expect the Clintons to drag up everything and anything that can slime Obama between now and the convention in an effort to make Obama un-electable by November.

Clodfobble 06-05-2008 10:55 PM

No, at this point he has enough pledged delegates that mathematically it wouldn't matter even if she got the support of every single superdelegate.

Urbane Guerrilla 06-06-2008 01:10 AM

George Will and the Fox newsies basically are saying that taking Hillary on as Veep will make Obama unelectable. Bonnie Erbe, of the Boston Globe and not exactly a rock-ribbed conservative, writes ". . .for her to campaign for that spot is nothing short of unseemly. And that goes double for her husband. Yet, "campaigning" for it is exactly what some of her supporters, including Big-Mouth Bill, are doing."

For the Dems to try an Obama-Clinton slate would be... more stupid than I'd believe, and that's saying something.

Urbane Guerrilla 06-06-2008 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsplice (Post 459677)
They (the Clintons) play rough, that's for sure. I don't think Republicans have anything to complain about, though.

Oh, just the Clintons trying to shove Extra-Large Government down all our throats and visibly viewing the Bill of Rights not as a guide to their behavior and policymaking, but as a stumbling-block to their ambitions -- in notable contrast to the Administration of the younger Bush, who contrary to crazy anti-Republican rumor, has been scrupulous in not trammeling our rights and liberties. The evidence of the past seven and a half years shows this clearly. There is a fog of allegations otherwise, but they are not borne out by the substance. Here we are shooting at anti-democracy foes, keeping them fucked right up, and some people just hate that we're doing that. I can't understand it. Makes you wonder how many closet fascists we've got in this generation, doesn't it?

I'm not even a Republican, and I can see this. There are a lot of dumbfuck Americans out there.

xoxoxoBruce 06-06-2008 02:09 AM

Can you say, delusional? :rolleyes: