The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   I come from China. (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=3295)

Billy 05-03-2003 10:58 PM

I come from China.

It was taken in 1998, my first year in University, the Central South University (www.csu.edu.cn). I often read books in the attic. I yearn the gold time.

Billy 05-03-2003 11:01 PM

I will post more if you like

I think it is a good way to communicate with worldwide friends. Share good things.

juju 05-03-2003 11:24 PM

The link is broken. Could you try uploading the picture as an attachment?

Billy 05-03-2003 11:53 PM

I can not upload it as one attachment

I am sorry that I can not use the function. My school link is ok.I tried to click it.

Billy 05-04-2003 12:10 AM

Try it again

1 Attachment(s)
I try it again. I am sorry for my mistake.

wolf 05-04-2003 12:53 AM

Welcome to the cellar.

Billy 05-04-2003 12:59 AM

First time to come here

I saw the forum from one China web forum. The friend saied that this forum is warm hearted. We can freely and friendly chat with other friends.

xoxoxoBruce 05-04-2003 01:57 AM

We're not war hearted, Billy. We just like your SKS (AK47) rifles.:D
As I was wrongly asking over in the SARS thread, when you go to buy food that is packaged, do you have brands? I mean if you buy a can of beans in the south, does it have the same label in the north?
You are better educated than most people. Will you tell me what you have learned about the USA in school?
What you have learned about the USA from newspapers? TV? Magazines?
What your family and friends have told you about us?

Billy 05-04-2003 03:32 AM

China open to the world.

Q: When you go to buy food that is packaged, do you have brands?

A: Now China standardize all products. We pack almost product except fresh vegetable so that customer easily to inspect the quality.

Q: I mean if you buy a can of beans in the south, does it have the same label in the north?

A: The same brand product use the same lable in the whole country. If they use different labels, the customer think they have different quality. They would doubt their brand and don't buyt their things. It save cost to use same lable in marketing.

Q: Will you tell me what you have learned about the USA in school?

A: I learned that the USA, Europe, Japan are strong and powerful. We should learn from them to develop our economy. We should absorb their good things, not shortcomings. Of course, we can not depend on any other country. No one can save us, onlt oursevies.

Q: What you have learned about the USA from newspapers? TV? Magazines?

A: In China I can know many things about the USA but the White House secrets. From the media I know the news. I can see the comments and analysis. We have many media to report outside news and things. The China open to the world.

Q: What your family and friends have told you about us?

A: My families know little about the USA. My university USA professors told me that they like China because that here is quiet and safer than in the USA. So they would live in China for the rest life. My UK friends told me that they don't like the USA because the USA people don't think about thingss, just need answer.

But for me, I think the US and China need communicate each other. The world needs all the people to build. The world would become more beautiful if we love each other as you chat with me.

I suggest that you come China to see the reality,not only believe the media. Sometimes they seal the reality for national profits.

I am glad to chat with you. I think you really want to know China. I will try my best to answer you.Or you email me.

Griff 05-04-2003 08:36 AM

Re: China open to the world.

Quote:

Originally posted by Billy

A: I learned that the USA, Europe, Japan are strong and powerful. We should learn from them to develop our economy. We should absorb their good things, not shortcomings. Of course, we can not depend on any other country. No one can save us, onlt oursevies.

I like that attitude, China is also a powerful nation. Interpreting our shortcomings can be the difficult part. Even here, we recognize the shortcomings but we argue about how to best address them without injuring our strengths.

Quote:

But for me, I think the US and China need communicate each other. The world needs all the people to build. The world would become more beautiful if we love each other as you chat with me.

Welcome to the Cellar. Its all about different people communicating. :)

Undertoad 05-04-2003 09:45 AM

Billy, welcome! I have millions of questions. I will start with two:

What do Chinese people think of the history of Mao? In the end, do they think he was a good man or a bad man?

Do you use mostly Microsoft software?

xoxoxoBruce 05-04-2003 11:49 AM

Billy, is that a Nike jacket, you a capitalist running dog?:D
I see Foshan is near Guangzhou (Canton) and in the same part of China as Hong Kong and Macau. Lots of industry and commerce. Warm and wet climate.
How do you feel about Korea, North and South?

Billy 05-04-2003 10:48 PM

Almost us like Chairman Mao

Q: What do Chinese people think of the history of Mao? In the end, do they think he was a good man or a bad man?

A: First, I want to tell you that we think Mao as you think Lincoln. He leaded China to go to peaceful country. Or we still live in dark life.

Many elder than me people worship Mao as GOD. His fight made them free and rich.

Young people don't like Mao as elder, but we still like him. Many my friends and classmates really like his book and idea. They can use his idea to guide their life.

There is no one who never do wrong in one's life. So you should justly view someone.

In all, we think he was a great man in China history. I will follow him to join the fight with Japan in Second Worl War if I was live in that age.

Q: Do you use mostly Microsoft software?

A: To be frank, most of us use MS soft. Now I use IE to answer you. Of course, we have many our software. We have WPS office, King software, Linuix...

The MS software is popular, but it is not only one. Not all people like the smae thing in the world. More choice you face, more freedom you get.

Billy 05-04-2003 11:07 PM

I am me, not capitalist running dog

Q: Billy, is that a Nike jacket, you a capitalist running dog?

A: xoxoxoBruce, you are a real China fan from what you said this word. Outside clothes and things can not present your soul. Even if you wear Bush clothes, you are still yourself.

In the globalization time, we can not live alone without others' work. If we can not make high quality PC, we should use the resource to make high quality clothes to avoid waste. As you know, in the USA many underwears are made in China. I know maybe you wear China made underwear. As you said, you are one socitalist running dog too.

Although I wear Nike jacket, but my mind and soul is China drgon heart. The blood in my body is Yellow River water.

Q: I see Foshan is near Guangzhou (Canton) and in the same part of China as Hong Kong and Macau. Lots of industry and commerce. Warm and wet climate.

A: We near HK, but I can not freely enter HK. This city is one small, quiet and beautiful city. I like it now.

Q: How do you feel about Korea, North and South?

A: The North and South Korea is one people. I think they would become one in the coming future. Many Korean think it too.

The North Korea have a long life friendship with us. We like them. The south has a economy and culture communication with us now. They need China market and I need their products.

I hope we have a calm and cooperation relation. If Asia is good, the world would be better, is it?

Billy 05-04-2003 11:18 PM

One more me

1 Attachment(s)
This one was taken in my company new production line installation ceremony.