The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Sports (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   French Open (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=8486)

aerion_13 06-03-2005 03:06 PM

French Open

Okay. So this Nadal beat Federer. Big deal! Actually it was a big deal. It was a great match. Should have been the final though.

Anyone think Mary Pierce will beat Hardine?
:worried:

wolf 06-04-2005 01:35 AM

I don't follow the football any longer ... ;)

For quite a few years I was very, very much into tennis ... but those were the days of extreme personality ... Ilie Nastasi (I wore a pair of his Adidas signature sneakers to death, before endorsed shoes were a big deal), Jimmy Connors, John McEnroe, Bjorn Borg ... Martina Navritalova before we knew she was gay. And of course the wit and wisdom of Bobby Riggs. Those were the days.

SteveDallas 06-05-2005 06:01 PM

I used to watch tennis a lot, but (along with almost all other sports except for the Iggles) I haven't lately. One of my all time favorite French Open moments had nothing to do with tennis.. back maybe 15 years ago, possibly more, one of the women's shoes came undone. In the process of bending over to tie it, she managed to expose rather more of her panties than is generally considered proper. The camera went right in for a close, tight shot--and the announcers for ESPN practically choked in the process of explaining that this was an unedited video feed from the French TV service and ESPN HAS NO CONTROL OVER CAMERA PLACEMENT OR ANGLES so just remember if you're offended it's all the fault of the FRENCH CAMERA OPERATORS WHOM ESPN HAS ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL OVER.

aerion_13 06-05-2005 07:49 PM

Yes. Back then. It would have made people blush. Not today. Notice when the ladies are sitting down, the camera is focused at their knees. Hmm. Then again, the ladies dress rather provocative these days. ;)

wolf 06-05-2005 08:08 PM

What do I know. I'm still trying to get used to them wearing colors other than white on the court.

BigV 06-05-2005 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas
I used to watch tennis a lot, but (along with almost all other sports except for the Iggles) I haven't lately. One of my all time favorite French Open moments had nothing to do with tennis.. back maybe 15 years ago, possibly more, one of the women's shoes came undone. In the process of bending over to tie it, she managed to expose rather more of her panties than is generally considered proper. The camera went right in for a close, tight shot--and the announcers for ESPN practically choked in the process of explaining that this was an unedited video feed from the French TV service and ESPN HAS NO CONTROL OVER CAMERA PLACEMENT OR ANGLES so just remember if you're offended it's all the fault of the FRENCH CAMERA OPERATORS WHOM ESPN HAS ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL OVER.

Ohhh... so that's what they call a french open....:)