The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I was wrong for attacking JIH like a spambot (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=35399)

Flint 10-11-2020 11:06 PM

I was wrong for attacking JIH like a spambot

Turns out they are a real person, and I should have taken the time to get to know them. It turns out they have a real set of particular human qualities-- they're rude, judgemental, holier-than-thou, utterly clueless/tactless/brainless, and quite frankly lacking in any semblance of compassion or humanity. Of course all they'd need to do is stick around for a few months and they'd blend right in with all the other misfits. Everyone is welcome here, it's quite small-d Democratic. Oh, and they should wear a ƒucking mask, or learn to develop a thicker skin-- one or the other.

monster 10-11-2020 11:14 PM

we know that. But something needed to be said about their posting behavior and the rest of us were waiting for someone else to do it. You cracked first, but only because I had to stop reading after they dredged up one painful thread after another and spewed uneducated and unresearched platitudes.

At worst, your posts were the last straw. UT moved on from here a while back, got a new life for himself, needed to make a break, but held on because he's a good sort and we were a strong community. Don't beat yourself up. UT powered teh cellar for longer than can possibly have been hoped for.

Flint 10-11-2020 11:18 PM

I mean honestly this is probably the worst thing I've ever done, or maybe second place. That one time I doxxed a transphobe out of anger, and before considering the consequences. This time, I knew it was 50/50 that I would be banned, and I did it with full awareness.

monster 10-11-2020 11:26 PM

I know. And if UT wasn't already looking for a way out, you might well have been. Please stop beating yourself up. It wasn't your greatest moment, but it was just a moment and not a random one without a trigger. Although we'll only forgive you if you come to Virtual Forks next week ;)

Flint 10-11-2020 11:28 PM

I'm afraid of telephones.

monster 10-11-2020 11:49 PM

it's on computer, dorkface. :p:

Flint 10-12-2020 12:36 AM

your computerized phone calls don't fool me!

Dude111 10-12-2020 12:58 AM

http://img.techpowerup.org/200606/72tuzr.gif

footfootfoot 10-12-2020 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 1060178)
Turns out they are a real person, and I should have taken the time to get to know them. It turns out they have a real set of particular human qualities-- they're rude, judgemental, holier-than-thou, utterly clueless/tactless/brainless, and quite frankly lacking in any semblance of compassion or humanity. Of course all they'd need to do is stick around for a few months and they'd blend right in with all the other misfits. Everyone is welcome here, it's quite small-d Democratic. Oh, and they should wear a ƒucking mask, or learn to develop a thicker skin-- one or the other.

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1060181)
we know that. But something needed to be said about their posting behavior and the rest of us were waiting for someone else to do it. You cracked first, but only because I had to stop reading after they dredged up one painful thread after another and spewed uneducated and unresearched platitudes.

At worst, your posts were the last straw. UT moved on from here a while back, got a new life for himself, needed to make a break, but held on because he's a good sort and we were a strong community. Don't beat yourself up. UT powered teh cellar for longer than can possibly have been hoped for.

I think you guys are missing the whole point here. Did you know, for instance, that's she's 82?

/dripping sarcasm

Flint 10-12-2020 02:29 PM

oh shit! 82 you say?? how does one live such a long life-- is there a secret?

monster 10-12-2020 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 1060272)
I think you guys are missing the whole point here. Did you know, for instance, that's she's 82?

IQ? Clothing size? Blood Oxygen Level?

monster 10-12-2020 05:19 PM

TEMPERATURE???? OMG COVID!!!!!

Griff 10-12-2020 05:22 PM

So I've missed big chunks of this, is this the idiot that convinced Dude that buffets were cool during a pandemic?

footfootfoot 10-12-2020 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1060309)
IQ? Clothing size? Blood Oxygen Level?

D. All of the above.

jaminhealth 10-12-2020 09:43 PM

Having fun, I know you all are...and "they" is me Jaminhealth...meaning good health is key in my life.

You all continue in your smallness and rudeness....