The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Holy Crap!!! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=7312)

Radar 11-29-2004 09:50 PM

Holy Crap!!!

I just got an email from Quentin Tarantino's lawyer. Quentin has agreed to let me use the name "Reservoir Dogs" for the hot dog cart I want to open. The lawyer wants to limit my permission to one cart and to come back if the business expands later. Wow, that is awesome. I was pretty sure he'd turn me down and I was trying to decide whether "Liberty Dogs" or "Horn Dogs" would be best.

How cool is that?!?

lookout123 11-29-2004 10:00 PM

that is pretty sweet dude. i hope it all works out for you.

garnet 11-29-2004 10:01 PM

Awesome news! Good luck! :)

Radar 11-29-2004 10:04 PM

I swear, I'm going to tell Quentin he gets a free dog whenever he comes by. I might even name one after him and put his favorite toppings on it. It would be cool if he put the cart in one of his movies.

marichiko 11-29-2004 10:28 PM

Good for you, Radar! Thanks for letting us all know that amazing things can happen if only you try! May you sell many dogs and become the meanest dog on the block (never mind the reservoir)!

katers 11-29-2004 10:51 PM

That's really cool. Good Luck with everything.

Nothing But Net 11-29-2004 11:36 PM

That's incredible. Good for you.

One thing though, you probably want to get an agreement somewhat more official than an e-mail. If you haven't already, get a lawyer to draw up a signed document. Just to protect yourself.

By the way, how did you find QT's attorney?

flippant 11-29-2004 11:52 PM

By God he's done it!!! Could you sell dogs in one of those suits? That would be awesome! Slick your hair back a little bit maybe? :yelgreedy

Radar 11-30-2004 12:16 AM

The lawyer will be writing up an official letter, or a contract so I'll have a copy. Hopefully QT will sign it himself. And I got in touch with his lawyer through his publicist, which was listed on his production company's website.

Thank you all for your positive comments.

The suit idea is pretty good, but I don't think I could do it in the summer. A black suit in the L.A. sun is harsh.

Nothing But Net 11-30-2004 01:16 AM

I am not a lawyer, but in my business classes in college there is this thing called "consideration" which is required to make any contract enforceable. In other words you must give up something. Look for it in your contract and if it isn't there, offer one dollar. That is enough.

Beestie 11-30-2004 05:12 AM

I want out-of-state franchise rights. :)

That is pretty cool of QT - its easy to say no these days.

Good luck. Where (in LA) are you going to put the cart, btw?

perth 11-30-2004 09:01 AM

That's awesome. You're gonna have to let us know where and when you set up shop. Congratulations, Radar.

Radar 11-30-2004 09:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the actual text from the email I got. And I will make sure I give him a dollar for "consideration". Thanks for the advice.

Quote:

Dear Paul,

I am happy to tell you that Quentin has approved your request in principle.
I haven't decided whether we will do something contractual, or whether we
should consent formally in writing. I guess I would like to limit this
consent to one cart for the time being. If your business grows, then you
can come back to me. It's best if you give me a phone call at...

Happy Monkey 11-30-2004 10:25 AM

For vegetarians you could offer "Ears" of corn.

Kick ass.

Elspode 11-30-2004 11:44 AM

Outstanding, Radar. Simply outstanding. I hope you become *the* dog vendor in LaLaLand.