The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   DO YOU SMOKE POT? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4801)

DanaC 05-29-2004 02:40 PM

Wolf I just thought it was interesting:P
Thanks UT that was the information I was lookin for

York 05-30-2004 02:27 AM

receptors or no receptors, a lot depends on yourself and the environment u live in! Some people dont get enough outta MJ and look for other stuff to experiment, anything can be addictive, but the harder the drug, the tougher it is! Ive seen a lot a people die here fron heroin, ive never seen one die because off MJ, off course on a long term it can be harmfull...but it depends again on the user and the ammount he uses! Two minds never work alike, so some people get paranoid, and some feel good...
I wouldnt advice anyone to just start smoking for pleasure, but than again there are much wurse things people do for their pleasure!!

farfromhome 05-31-2004 12:45 AM

Someone said something with which I totally agree:I'm suspicious of people who don't self medicate.Is that bad? I don't think so.

xoxoxoBruce 05-31-2004 09:01 AM

The real point is not whether you do or don't, but whether you have the right to choose. In the words of the famous philosopher, Lou Reed;
"It ain't nobody's business, nobody business
No, no, no no, nobody's business, no, no, ...
It ain't nobody's business, yeah, but my own
Nobody's business, but my own."

Troubleshooter 05-31-2004 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by farfromhome
Someone said something with which I totally agree:I'm suspicious of people who don't self medicate.Is that bad? I don't think so.
Self-medication is merely acknowledgement of a problem, or a symptom of the problem.

I spent six moths self-medicating, luckily I realized that it solved nothing, and in my case was killing me.

Or even worse, they use the problem as an excuse to self-medicate.

York 06-03-2004 11:54 AM

it aint always like that , like i said, people are not all alike, maybe you had a real bad experience, for some people with m-s its a great help...!! And off course there will be some who try to get it with their disease as an excuse...but like "the great Bruce" above me said....why is nobodys business....

classicman 01-20-2008 11:57 AM

bump - ended up here cuz of an IotD thread and spaced out reading 12 pages on smokin weed. Curious what current dwellers think or if opinions of those who already posted had been "altered" since then...

I used to smoke everyday for years. I grew it (like bonsai) Followed bands around the country with it & more... that I won't admit to. The last few times I had tried it were not good experiences.
Once my daughter was conceived I was done with it and never looked back.

xoxoxoBruce 01-20-2008 12:34 PM

It's fattening.

classicman 01-20-2008 02:52 PM

You're what?

Giant Salamander 01-20-2008 03:03 PM

Used to do it on a daily basis for about 1.5 years, which was plenty.
It was too expensive of a habit, and there was a lot of work I could have gotten done, lots of things I could have learned, but didn't.

Still do it occasionally, but I can go many months without it just fine.
When it's there, with the right setting and the right people, why not?

Cloud 01-20-2008 03:12 PM

my two daughters gave me a beautiful bong for my birthday. Does that answer your question? :)

Undertoad 01-20-2008 03:17 PM

There had to be a reason your name is "Cloud".

Sheldonrs 01-20-2008 03:51 PM

Smoke it once in a while, usually with my Ex who is an everyday-er.
Not a big fan. It tastes lousy and makes me cough.
I prefer Vodka, rum or tequila once or twice a week.
But if I could get my hands on vicodin, I'd be on that fluffy, pink cloud every chance I had. lol!!!

Cloud 01-20-2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 425974)
There had to be a reason your name is "Cloud".

it's my teenage hippie girl name. Actually it referred to my hair!

xoxoxoBruce 01-20-2008 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 425978)
it's my teenage hippie girl name.

"Like sleeping on a cloud."