The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Philosophy (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Wisdom is a Girl and I'm a Fool. (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=24493)

JBKlyde 02-02-2011 02:34 PM

Wisdom is a Girl and I'm a Fool.

I dunno, perhaps is if I hadn't been so foolish in the begining, I would still have a little clout. I'm not saying I am a total fool, just sort of stupid. I suppose wisdom comes with age and a 32 year old who hasen't experienced much life out side the box can only be so wise.
I beleive in the trinity of Jesus Christ so that's a big plus, some people don't and there wisdom is proved futile in death. I make a fool out of myself and some people think I'm this monster. Really monsters have feelings too, and I can't expect some girl to just jump in my lap after all I am not a very good looking monster. I guess what I'm saying is that I want to be wise. I just keep falling into the pit of idiodacy and noone wants to help me out.

Anyone got a rope ladder??

monster 02-02-2011 08:14 PM

Priesthood and celibacy.

Number 2 Pencil 02-02-2011 08:48 PM

Read as much as you can about as many topics as you can. Talk to as many people as you can. Ask questions, ask question, ask questions! Then listen.

monster 02-02-2011 10:09 PM

Don't cross the streams.

zippyt 02-02-2011 10:14 PM

dont Spit into the wind

Aliantha 02-02-2011 11:42 PM

If you want to experience new horizons, you have to lose sight of the shore.

Gravdigr 02-03-2011 03:08 AM

Don't mess around with Slim.

OnyxCougar 02-03-2011 10:16 AM

I don't have alot of wisdom-ly nuggets. The best I can tell you is to think BEFORE you speak, keep your heart open to new thoughts and ideas, accept the consequences when you fuck up with as much grace as possible, stand up for what you believe is right against all odds.

It's rough out here. Always know where your towel is, and DON'T PANIC!

roygrimes50 02-03-2011 01:57 PM

If you can see an action causing you trouble in the future, don't commit the act unless your conscience obliges you to.
Never go against your conscience - as Martin Luther said (putting himself at great risk at the time), "to go against conscience is neither wise nor safe."
But don't knowingly do anything you know is going to cause you problems if you don't have to. (I'm well aware that this requires a measure of wisdom to begin with;) )
Hang in there, bro. Us monsters got to stick together.

Gravdigr 02-03-2011 03:42 PM

Rules for Life.^^^^^^^^

roygrimes50 02-09-2011 02:26 AM

Whenever you face a similar situation as you have encountered in past think before you act, think of that very situation and things you thought would have turned the things around. Do today what you could not do then.

Remember your past but Do not repeat your mistakes from past

SamIam 02-09-2011 10:50 AM

When in doubt, hide.

:hide:

Trilby 02-09-2011 12:03 PM

This seems nutty. Wisdom is a girl? :stop:

10 demerits for faulty metaphor.

However, I agree with your premise that monsters have feelings.

We certainly do.

Sundae 02-09-2011 04:05 PM

Wisdom is a girl.
Men seek her out, even chase her, but although some get a taste, they can never totally master her.

And she's usually only palatable to the unwashed masses when she's varnished and diminished.

Ta-daaaaaaa!

monster 02-09-2011 08:00 PM

Wisdom is a girl in my kid's class. She has siblings called Moonbeam, Sigma-pi, Satellite and Project and has no concept of personal grooming.