The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What is the worst sound you ever heard? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=24440)

GunMaster357 01-24-2011 10:10 AM

What is the worst sound you ever heard?

I imagine we all have experienced some situation where there was a sound that could give us some nightmares.

Shawnee123 01-24-2011 10:14 AM

The screaming of one of the guys whose brother and friend were hit by a car right in front of our house, as they were riding bicycles to the country store, when I was about 10 or 11? The friend died. We knew the guys, and he came screaming into our house "I've got to call my mom I've got to call my mom."

The worst thing I've ever heard.

glatt 01-24-2011 10:24 AM

That sounds pretty bad. I can only imagine.

The neighborhood gang played in the street in front of our house all the time. I was in the backyard when I heard screeching brakes one day. The entire neighborhood ran out to see what happened and watched a poor dog die in the middle of the street. He was yelping and lying on his side with his legs running in the air and a pool of blood forming underneath him.

Then when he was still, his owner picked him up by the collar and carried his limp body behind their house.

I'm sure the driver felt like an ass with 20 people standing there staring at him.

That was pretty bad, but was probably nothing compared to what you heard. I can only imagine.

GunMaster357 01-24-2011 10:33 AM

I don't know how the guys I was asked to help with their computer problems came by that recording. They were an insvestigation team.

During the whole time I was in their lab, they decomposed the sound at various speeds. It was the impact on a concrete slab of a 20-stories jumper. They were trying to determine if he jumped by himself or had a bit of help. The worst thing was probably the comments. Nothing funny, just clinical, describing each piece of sound : ankles, knees, hips, etc... breaking one after another...

As long as you don't know what it is, a sound is just that, a sound. When you know...

Undertoad 01-24-2011 10:44 AM

Before my dog Bean died, he had a few seizures, and he would make this terrible blood-curdling howl with all his breath.

Pico and ME 01-24-2011 11:22 AM

Other people up chucking...especially my brother - he sounds like he is fighting to keep his stomach from going inside out.

Oh and a baby screeching.

Big Sarge 01-24-2011 11:56 AM

The screams of a family trapped in an SUV as they were burned alive

plthijinx 01-24-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Sarge (Post 707623)
The screams of a family trapped in an SUV as they were burned alive

that's horrible! i bet you have a lot of examples from your line of work.

edit: forgot to say, a child screaming that got hurt on a go-kart at work.

Pico and ME 01-24-2011 11:58 AM

Oh God.

monster 01-24-2011 12:23 PM

And here's another thread I'd like to put on ignore.

Bullitt 01-24-2011 02:46 PM

I heard a wild animal getting mauled to death in the middle of the night out in Wyoming. Just a horrific screaming/yelping/moaning noise echoing off the hills.

HungLikeJesus 01-24-2011 03:27 PM

The hiss of a cockroach climbing into my ear.

Cloud 01-24-2011 08:06 PM

pigs being butchered--those suckers are loud.

Griff 01-25-2011 05:25 AM

I'm with Cloud. Worst sound ever.

Yznhymr 01-26-2011 12:48 PM

Nagging wife kills me every time. It's just too horrible to talk about. No, seriously, the worst sound for me is the sound of a loved one crying. Not the fake crying children are good at, I'm talking the heart wrenching, soul moving cry of someone in pain that you can't do anything about.