The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ignore list (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9068)

Hobbs 09-02-2005 01:24 AM

Ignore list

Just curious, but is anyone in the Cellar actually have people listed in ignore list? Just wondering. I kinda played around with this feature this morning just to see what it would do.

Griff 09-02-2005 05:43 AM

I don't, but some folks go to it when they find folks insufferable. It is a good relief valve if you don't want to trash relationships.

BigV 09-02-2005 09:40 AM

I use it like the penalty box in hockey. A temporary holding place for somebody who's harshin my groove.

lookout123 09-02-2005 09:42 AM

twice in the past i have had to put someone on the ignore list because i just couldn't resist responding to their barbs, so i decided it was better to miss any info in the posts than continue elevating myself into the levels of asshattery with angry replies. within a week or two i cooled down andi was able to remove them.

Hobbs 09-02-2005 10:09 AM

Well, the fact that Griff, BigV, and Lookout have responded to this thread mean at least I'm not on your ignore lists. *Whew* :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookout123
...asshattery...

There's that word again!!! I love it. Lookout, you crack me up. :lol:

dar512 09-02-2005 11:38 AM

Nope. I want to see it all. Good and the bad.

wolf 09-02-2005 01:26 PM

I tried it once, but you still see that there's stuff posted by the person that annoys you, and it's just soooo easy to override, and I'd read it anyway, and after a while Lady Sidhe rolled up her carpet and ambled off and I didn't need it any more.

I do seriously hope she and TS and their little one (I think they have offspring) are okay, though.

lumberjim 09-02-2005 06:41 PM

i've used it once for about 2 weeks when a certain person, who had been away for a time, returned and started to annoy me anew. it served it's purpose i guess, but jinx always told me when they said something stupid anyway, so i undid it. using it seemed like defeat, somehow. it's been harder, having to exercise restraint, but that person seems to be exerting some effort to not be as over the top as they were, and while i do enjoy stirring the shit more than most.....i appreciate that pointless squabbling is simply annoying.

marichiko 09-02-2005 07:02 PM

I have exactly one person on my ignore list, and it has made my Cellar experience much happier, and I suspect, theirs, as well. Its only the Internet, for heaven's sake! :cool:

lumberjim 09-02-2005 07:07 PM

but just think of all the funny shit that she misses.

marichiko 09-02-2005 07:11 PM

Oh? Does Urbane Guerilla post amusing things? I hadn't noticed. :lol:

BigV 09-06-2005 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla
The denial starts with Y-O-U, tw. You just simply cannot believe in being fair to Republicans, so you rave and slobber and disgrace and degrade and embarrass yourself in a silly, misguided, makes-the-Left-look-dumb effort to place blame for everything even unto the Ice Ages on people to the right of MoveOn.org. That is why everyone to the right of MoveOn.org thinks you're not the brightest bulb in the chandelier. That would be approximately 280 million Americans, tw.

Hey Hobbs:

This is an example of the kind of ca-ca that urges me to nominate its author for membership on my ignore list. They're part of the whole cellar, for sure, like the strings around a standing rib roast. They serve an important purpose, but I can't digest them. Maybe a dog could, but I just prefer to clip them out and throw them in the trash, where they belong.

xoxoxoBruce 09-11-2005 11:48 AM

Never used it. Figure it would be like listening to one end of a phone conversation having posts missing from the thread. :headshake

dar512 09-11-2005 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marichiko
Oh? Does Urbane Guerilla post amusing things? I hadn't noticed. :lol:

Lumberjim likes to think he is the most annoying Cellarite when, in fact, it is a rotating honor that he only occasionally holds. There are other Cellarites that can be much more annoying.

Dang. Should have saved that for random Cellarite facts. Oh well.

Sun_Sparkz 09-28-2005 01:53 AM

i have never used it, sometimes posts really annoy me but then perhaps the person who wrote that may say something i enjoyed reading elsewhere.

Despite the reputation this place has i have never found myself to be picked on, or picking on anyonelse. But its nice to know its there.. just in case.