The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Celebrity Death Pool 2017 (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=32416)

Pico and ME 01-01-2017 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 978133)
It's just like electronics -built-in redundancy so we will just replace them instead is fixing them and thus better line the pockets of the puppet masters?

Not sure about the question mark after puppet masters. Was that a :stickpoke?

monster 01-01-2017 04:43 PM

It was to illustrate an idle musing rather than statement of fact?

:D

limey 01-02-2017 04:54 PM

Queen Elizabeth II
Prince Philip
Pete Townsend
Rod Stewart
Donald Trump
Betty White
June Whitfield
Keith Richards
Bernard Haitink
Bobby Charlton

Sent by magic.

glatt 01-03-2017 08:25 AM

Lil Wayne
Lady Gaga
Montel Williams
Queen Elizabeth 2
Michael J. Fox
Toni Braxton
Nick Cannon
Tom Hanks
Bret Michaels
Halle Berry

infinite monkey 01-03-2017 09:26 AM

Rolling over last year:

1) OJ Simpson
2) Phil Donahue
3) Amanda Bynes
4) Rush Limbaugh
5) Ed Ames
6) Andy Dick
7) Dick Cheney
8) Olivia de Havilland
9) Teri Garr
10) Glen Campbell

Gravdigr 01-03-2017 02:03 PM

1. Hugh Hefner
2. Burt Reynolds
3. Betty White
4. Dick Van Dyke
5. Willie Nelson
6. Stan Lee
7. Joni Mitchell
8. David Crosby
9. Kirk Douglas
10. Clint Eastwood

Snakeadelic 01-08-2017 08:15 AM

Meanwhile, there are all kinds of ppl showing up with arguments about how, statistically, we should expect last year's celebrity body count to be more typical, since people get famous for more than just movies these days.

Anyone notice that so far this year the closest we've had to a celebrity death was that murderous orca bastard at Sea World who drowned his trainer a couple of years back? Last year, by this time, I think we'd lost Lemmy, Bowie, AND Rickman already...

Snakeadelic 01-08-2017 08:21 AM

A'ight, here's my 2017 list.

1. Ozzy--his liver can't hold out forever
2. Keith Richards
3. William Shatner--He's like 10 years older than Takei and should absolutely NOT be the last original Star Trek officer standing.
4. Steven Tyler
5. John Mellencamp
6. Jack Russell of Great White...just a hunch.
7. Jimmy Page (rabid wolverines high on CRACK, Page...see my 2016 dead pool posts for full details)
8. Lou Gramm
9. Geoff Tate (Queensryche)
10. Nick Rhodes from Duran Duran

Snakeadelic 01-08-2017 08:23 AM

And if Alice Cooper does have to die this year, I hope it's awesome. He's a golf addict (self-confessed--used golf and sugar-free Red Vines to take the place of booze), so struck by lightning IS a viable possibility.

Snakeadelic 01-08-2017 08:27 AM

Gravdigr, I wouldn't be so sure about Willie Nelson ;). I've seen footage of his martial arts workouts upside his tour bus and he's in amazing shape! I love that someone finally asked him openly to opine on the dangers of marijuana use and his answer was along the lines of "It is absolutely dangerous! A friend of mine dropped a bale and it broke his foot in like 5 places. Gotta be careful with that stuff."

Gravdigr 01-08-2017 01:51 PM

:D

glatt 01-08-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 978401)
Lil Wayne
Lady Gaga
Montel Williams
Queen Elizabeth 2
Michael J. Fox
Toni Braxton
Nick Cannon
Tom Hanks
Bret Michaels
Halle Berry

Is it too late to edit my list?

I have a different pick that I feel good about. No new information. Just a feeling based on something someone said, and I realize is correct.

Someone young and famous and in perfect health is going to die this year. But they aren't on my list from a couple days ago. I'd even be willing to take somebody old off my list. Like QE2, if I can put this person on it.

Fuck it. I'll name him.

David Blaine.

Dead man walking. Dude is catching a bullet in his mouth every night in his Vegas show. Even if he's good, he only has to make one mistake one night. 99.9% success makes him dead. That 0.1% failure is all it takes.

Gravdigr 01-08-2017 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 978966)
Dude is catching a bullet in his mouth every night in his Vegas show. Even if he's good, he only has to make one mistake one night. 99.9% success makes him dead. That 0.1% failure is all it takes.

Spoiler:

He's not really catching a bullet. It's magic. And by 'magic', I mean fake.

/spoiler

orthodoc 01-08-2017 05:09 PM

1. Queen Elizabeth II
2. Prince Phillip
3. George Bush Sr.
4. Dick Van Dyke
5. Jerry Lewis
6. Betty White
7. Kirk Douglas
8. Olivia de Havilland
9. Desmond Tutu
10. Emperor Akihito

monster 01-08-2017 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 978966)
Is it too late to edit my list?

I have a different pick that I feel good about. No new information. Just a feeling based on something someone said, and I realize is correct.

Someone young and famous and in perfect health is going to die this year. But they aren't on my list from a couple days ago. I'd even be willing to take somebody old off my list. Like QE2, if I can put this person on it.

Fuck it. I'll name him.

David Blaine.

Dead man walking. Dude is catching a bullet in his mouth every night in his Vegas show. Even if he's good, he only has to make one mistake one night. 99.9% success makes him dead. That 0.1% failure is all it takes.

no, it's not too late
no-one died yet.

who are you going to kill for certain by taking them off? Poor old Lilibet?