The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I joined the Gym yesterday (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=26879)

monster 02-14-2012 10:27 PM

I joined the Gym yesterday

It's kinda pricey but in the last few weeks I packed on a few pounds for NO DAMN REASON. I guess I hit that age.

I've been eating better since saturday too. Like much better/not at all. I expect to be stick-thin by Friday.

yesterday I did a 30 mins Abs class then swam hard for 30 mins, but I didn't enjoy the swim very much because Swimmer Girl gave me the sniffles. then I enjoyed the Spa Whirlpool.

Today I did 1 hour Zumba then enjoyed the Spa Whirlpool. It's my reward. the "sniffles" hit the cough point this morning, and I'm asthmatic, so i really didn't feel like going at all, but i did and i had no problems, so i am happy.

I'm very fit, but I weigh too much, I have no abs and no core strength. i really want to remedy these. I always have wanted to, but now (a) it seems my plateau days are over and (b) my figure skating has reached a level where these things actually matter.

So i took steps. yay me.

Originally, I had thought I would let myself not go on Weds and thurs because I have full days already, but I'mm'a try to fit in an early swim tomorrow if the "sniffles" allow (and spa whirlpool, of course) before skating

BigV 02-14-2012 10:30 PM

why, was it coming apart?

monster 02-14-2012 10:32 PM

yes.

BigV 02-14-2012 10:47 PM

glue job, you.

monster 02-14-2012 10:53 PM

I used chewing gum

BigV 02-14-2012 10:59 PM

trying to gum up the works, eh? just don't blow it.

monster 02-15-2012 06:53 AM

OK so the swim plan failed this morning. i have a crazy mom day and did not manage to get all the shit together in time to go swim on my way to skating.

limey 02-15-2012 08:20 AM

Good luck with fitting it all in!

monster 02-15-2012 08:24 AM

and then i found a tax return due.......

thanks, limey. i hope my pounds melt off like yours...... oh gawd skating is in 35 minutes, suspect i'mm'a be late as usual -still go tot get together three lots of swim gear, two lots of hockey gear, sk8ing stuff, swim coach stuff and swim meet marshall stuff. and food and drink and walking shoes.

monster 02-15-2012 08:49 AM

and I need to shower

Lola Bunny 02-15-2012 10:29 AM

Yay...and good luck, Monster. Sometimes when things plateau, we need to do something different to shake out bodies out of its comfort zone and being lazy.

limey 02-15-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 795392)

thanks, limey. i hope my pounds melt off like yours...... .

I don't think you're starting where I started (Total, 100% committed couch-potato), but I hope this for you too!

monster 02-15-2012 01:30 PM

No, maybe not. I noticed I'm a lot fitter/more energetic than those in the Zumba class. And I'm about average age for the class.

Lola Bunny 02-16-2012 08:44 AM

then join a higher level class. Participate in a class that's at your fitness level. Age doens't mean anything. ;)

monster 02-16-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola Bunny (Post 795725)
then join a higher level class. Participate in a class that's at your fitness level. Age doens't mean anything. ;)

Zumba is an all-fitness level thing. It's mainly cardio, so you just do it at a level that gets your heart going at the right rate. It wasn't a complaint, it was an agreement with limey that I am starting at a different point than she did.

And age means lots. I'm sick of taking classes with old fat folk who can barely move and smell bad. Even Roseanne would look energetic in those classes. It was a plus point. I guess you interpreted my point the other way. Or maybe you just like to patronize?