The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Jell-O Shots anyone? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=7588)

chainsaw 01-18-2005 04:12 PM

Jell-O Shots anyone?

You've probably had vodka Jello shots, right? You make them just like Jello, but substitute half the water for vodka and pour into Dixie cups (or ice trays) to chill and serve.

So, a friend is having a Jello shot party, and I decided to invent my own. Cap'n Coke Jello shots! One of my everyday favorite drinks is Cap'n Coke. Ok, not EVERYday. Geez. Use one package of cherry Jello (you won't taste the cherry flavor at all), substitute half the water with Coke (yes, boil it) and the other half with Captain Morgan's. Pour into little cups and drop in a maraschino cherry with the stem poking out the top. Chill overnight and serve when firm. :D Enjoy!

zippyt 01-18-2005 08:07 PM

Last year at Halloween i saw a Jello mold tray in the shapes of witches , cats , pumkins , etc,,,, We went to a friends party with a whole tupperware tub full of halloween jello shooters !!!!!

lumberjim 01-18-2005 08:14 PM

I know someone who'd like them.....think I'll ask jinx to try the recipe. thanks!.......maybe she could try cosmopolitan shots, too.

xoxoxoBruce 01-18-2005 09:30 PM

Soak fruit in Everclear (190 proof) for a couple months.
Drain off liquid and make jello with it, no water.
Add fruit and chill in the freezer.
One drawback..it will eventually get melty at room temperature so keep frozen till the party.
When's the party? Whenever you serve the jello. :D

I only make this once a year to preserve brain cells.

zippyt 01-18-2005 09:38 PM

AHHH!!!! My PGA jello shot spontainously combusted !!!!!!!!!!!

melidasaur 01-18-2005 09:44 PM

One of my friends in college had a jello mold in the shape of the United States - you could actually cut out the states... she made jello shots in it. Texas and California = 2 shots.

fun jello molds are cool with or without vodka.

staceyv 01-18-2005 10:36 PM

When I was 14 my best friend and I decided to make jello shots, so we raided my grandfather's bedroom for liquor, but all he had was anisette and brandy, so we mixed it all together with the jello and put it in the fridge...but we couldn't wait for it to solidify, so we drank it. UGH, soft jello, anisette and brandy is a disgusting combo. I almost puked.:dead: Since then, I have never done a jello shot- I haven't even eaten jello.

chainsaw 01-19-2005 09:47 AM

Bruce, I've had pineapple soaked in Everclear. Then I fell down.

It's not legal in CA (as far as I know), so I can't try it again. The warning label was pretty scary. Don't smoke while drinking because it's so flammable. If you drink it straight you'll DIE. Etc.

lookout123 01-20-2005 01:50 PM

in my younger,dumber,broker years as an enlisted man, i always had everclear on hand for when the beer money ran out 2/3 days before payday. i can assure you that straight everclear is consumable. not tasty, but consumable.

Beestie 01-20-2005 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookout123
... straight everclear is consumable...

Everclear and Red Bull is mighty tasty. Keeps you alert too. http://www.cellar.org/images/newsmilies/3_eyes.gif

jaguar 01-20-2005 02:29 PM

that stuff is scary. First time I came across that I thought it couldn't have anything on Vietnamese rice vodka, boy way I wrong.

Trilby 01-20-2005 02:58 PM

You can't make Hairy Buffalo without Everclear and a trash can.
:drunk:

xoxoxoBruce 01-21-2005 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chainsaw
Bruce, I've had pineapple soaked in Everclear. Then I fell down.

It's not legal in CA (as far as I know), so I can't try it again. The warning label was pretty scary. Don't smoke while drinking because it's so flammable. If you drink it straight you'll DIE. Etc.

In PA not all the state liquor stores have it but the ones that do have pints behind the counter instead of out on the shelves.
In NJ the liquor stores have pints, quarts and half gallons, no problem. I guess it's metric sizes now, but you get the picture. :biggrin:

Beestie 01-21-2005 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
In PA not all the state liquor stores have [grain]

The state stores in VA won't stock it. I have get it in DC and pay the extortionary 10+% sales tax.

lookout123 01-21-2005 10:20 AM

you should all have afriend in the military. the class six store has a wonderful selection of beverages all with 0 % sales tax.