The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Allow me to introduce myself... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=8469)

bitplayer 06-01-2005 04:29 AM

Allow me to introduce myself...

Let's get this out of the way....I'm old. I can still however recognize tall buildings at a not inconsiderable distance. I am aware that a speeding bullet is a speeding bullet (without my wifes help I might add. BTW, don't listen to her. Have nothing to do with her. Seriously, you might get "THE LOOK". Then your balls will fall off and disappear into another dimension. You have been warned.) I can watch someone lift considerable weight with no discomfort on my part whatsoever. (I know, hard to believe but I'm tellin' ya the truth here). I speak several foreign languages. For example, "Como esta usted?" That's French for "If I don't get the insurance will the clock be green?" Feel free to call upon me for you translation needs. I'm glad to be of assistance. But I've gotta tell you...I've been around the block a couple of times and you can't pull the wool over my eyes (unless you promise to whip me while doing so, then I'm yours). So don't take me for granted...I been watching you loonies for a couple of years now and I'm wise to all your tricks, see, I'm wise to all your tricks. A word to the wise...."Hola, compadre" (that's russian for "You can't put one over on me").

staceyv 06-01-2005 07:44 AM

Are you a man of wealth and taste?

What's puzzling me is the nature of your game.

wolf 06-01-2005 08:40 AM

Welcome aboard. All the world's our stage but we'd prefer better lighting.

mrnoodle 06-01-2005 09:22 AM

Qu'est-ce que tu as?

That's high-school Swahili for o_O

OnyxCougar 06-01-2005 09:55 AM

WTF?

That's OC speak for WTF?

kerosene 06-01-2005 10:38 AM

Welcome, bitplayer. Crazy with us a while. We won't let you down or pull wool through the washer or make breakfast gnomes out of your soggy cheerios. We might piss in them once in a while, though.

xoxoxoBruce 06-04-2005 01:15 AM

Wecome to the Cellar, Bit, er...Mr Player. :biggrin:

richlevy 06-04-2005 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staceyv
Are you a man of wealth and taste?

What's puzzling me is the nature of your game.

Just out of curiosity, how many people knew the cultural reference that the title of the thread ties to? How many could name the song and group? How many started humming the song?

BTW, I had to hit 4 song lyric sites before I found one that wasn't trying to install spyware or a trojan.

wolf 06-04-2005 11:37 AM

I got it immediately. And did the humming thing.

lumberjim 06-04-2005 02:04 PM

welcome bitplayer. your voice sounds like rodney dangerfield in my head

SteveDallas 06-04-2005 02:30 PM

"I can't get a break on anything, I tell ya . . . I died and they sent me back to haunt a car salesman!"

BigV 06-04-2005 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richlevy
Just out of curiosity, how many people knew the cultural reference that the title of the thread ties to? How many could name the song and group? How many started humming the song?

BTW, I had to hit 4 song lyric sites before I found one that wasn't trying to install spyware or a trojan.

*raises hand*

rockin!

I should look up in my Heavy Metal archives the graphic novel treatment the song recieved. It was worthy.

Queen of the Ryche 06-06-2005 03:59 PM

Great - now all I hear in the wee back corner of my mind is the "woo woo" part.......

Elspode 06-06-2005 04:37 PM

Welcome, BP. If you get to feeling too old, may I respectfully suggest you change your handle to B-Playah, and start quoting Fifty Cent instead of Mick Jagger?

xoxoxoBruce 06-06-2005 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspode
start quoting Fifty Cent instead of Mick Jagger?

NO!! :headshake