The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   April 25, 2012 Sunny Side Up (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27249)

infinite monkey 04-26-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 808742)
Maybe this is the result of candling only one in twelve thousand eggs.

bleurgh!

You mean like cows?

BigV 04-26-2012 04:03 PM

Right. Maybe that was from the chicken that ate the dead crazy cow.

SPUCK 04-27-2012 05:47 AM

Funny thing. This is exactly what I'm working on this month.

I'm working on an egg loader. It takes 6 flats of 30 eggs, picks up 30 eggs at a time and sets them on the grader perfectly timed to land between the rollers. Then they run thru the washer into the candler just like the above picture. Fun project.

DanaC 04-27-2012 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leus (Post 808700)
Was it any good?

Wow. 10 years and 144 posts ...

glatt 04-27-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUCK (Post 808881)
Funny thing. This is exactly what I'm working on this month.

I'm working on an egg loader. It takes 6 flats of 30 eggs, picks up 30 eggs at a time and sets them on the grader perfectly timed to land between the rollers. Then they run thru the washer into the candler just like the above picture. Fun project.

That's really cool! I am always very impressed when I see video of production line machinery at work. It's so complicated, and somebody spent so much time making it all work smoothly.

It's people like you who help make civilization possible.

SPUCK 04-28-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 808901)
That's really cool! I am always very impressed when I see video of production line machinery at work. It's so complicated, and somebody spent so much time making it all work smoothly.

:blush:

:hug:

richlevy 04-29-2012 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 808901)

What really impresses me is handling large volumes of such a delicate product quickly. When I look at a standard production line and imagine something like eggs going through it...:eek:

SPUCK 04-29-2012 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richlevy (Post 809226)
What really impresses me is handling large volumes of such a delicate product quickly. When I look at a standard production line and imagine something like eggs going through it...:eek:

This does concern me... They want the 30 eggs moved onto the conveyor every 3 seconds. Sounds like a long time until you realize this is picking them up, lifting them 4", moving them about 2.5 feet, synchronizing to the conveyor, setting them down. and reversing all the above to get back to pick up the next 30. And not forgetting the fact that the machinery has to decelerate and accelerate at all end points... :thepain: I'll be breaking some eggs fore shore.. :D