The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19180)

classicman 01-07-2009 07:43 PM

Joe the Plumber to become war correspondent

Quote:

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP)Jan 7 01:38 PM US/Eastern -
Joe The Plumber is putting down his wrenches and picking up a reporter's notebook.

The Ohio man who became a household name during the presidential campaign says he is heading to Israel as a war correspondent for the conservative Web site pjtv.com.

Samuel J. Wurzelbacher (WUR'-zuhl-bah-kur) says he'll spend 10 days covering the fighting.

He tells WNWO-TV in Toledo that he wants to let Israel's "'Average Joes' share their story."

Wurzelbacher gained attention during the final weeks of the campaign when he asked Barack Obama about his tax plan.

He later joined Republican John McCain on the campaign trail. At one stop, he agreed with a McCain supporter who asked if he believed a vote for Obama was a vote for the death of Israel.
___

Information from: WNWO-TV, http://www.nbc24.com/
LOL - that is all.

richlevy 01-07-2009 08:41 PM

Joe the freaking Plumber? If he gets captured by Hamas, do we have to take him back? Can't we tell them that we'll drop all sanctions if they'll just keep him forever?

Hasn't anyone told him that he's already at 16 minutes and 30 seconds?

classicman 01-07-2009 09:20 PM

Whats even funnier is its an NBC affiliate

xoxoxoBruce 01-07-2009 09:52 PM

Why is that funny? :confused:

Shawnee123 01-08-2009 07:17 AM

Oh noes!

Now I have seen everything.

glatt 01-08-2009 07:41 AM

Who knows? Maybe he will be good, in an entertaining but not fact-filled kind of way. TV news is all crap anyway. He won't be any worse.

Shawnee123 01-08-2009 07:50 AM

It's true that he might end up not sucking, but to say that he couldn't be worse is quite a stretch: he could be much much worse. Do you have any idea how bad that could be? :p

classicman 01-08-2009 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 519959)
Why is that funny?

I was expecting it to be a Fox affiliate.

Undertoad 01-08-2009 08:23 AM

It's an NBC affiliate reporting that Joe's going overseas... to report for Pajamas Media, not any TV outlet.

I'm 100% for citizen journalism because professional journalism is in a shambles, but this is something else entirely. Not sure what. Joe can give us some information, but he's no Michael Totten or Mike Yon, who are really smart guys with some decent background to understand where they are and what's going on. Those are citizen journalists with better cred than professional journalists. If I want a report on Gazan plumbing Joe might be of interest, otherwise he's just some guy.

Shawnee123 01-08-2009 08:26 AM

Some guy who already used up his 15 minutes.

TheMercenary 01-08-2009 09:43 AM

I love it. The guy who got beat up by all the lefties and the press is going to make a living off his 15 min of fame. :lol2:

Shawnee123 01-08-2009 10:52 AM

Beat up by the lefties?

What planet do you inhabit again?

I love how a guy who was elected president gets nothing but "boy he's gonna suck I know it and I know it and I know it even before he starts" but some doofus who thinks he's going to be a journalist without any experience other than shit-pipes gets accolades from you how great he will be.

To me it only proves how dumb our society is when doling out "celebrity" status. Sheep. Bahhhh. No, that's not fair to sheep. They're smarter than a lot of folks.

:lol:

SteveDallas 01-08-2009 10:58 AM

Clone thread:

"Joe the Plumber to become bore correspondent"

Shawnee123 01-08-2009 11:27 AM

Joe the Plumber to become whore codependent.

TheMercenary 01-08-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 520057)
Beat up by the lefties?

What planet do you inhabit again?

I love how a guy who was elected president gets nothing but "boy he's gonna suck I know it and I know it and I know it even before he starts" but some doofus who thinks he's going to be a journalist without any experience other than shit-pipes gets accolades from you how great he will be.

To me it only proves how dumb our society is when doling out "celebrity" status. Sheep. Bahhhh. No, that's not fair to sheep. They're smarter than a lot of folks.

:lol:

WTF? What planet are you from? You missed the beating Joe the Plumber got in the press? Holy crap you must have been asleep during the run up to the election. It only proves how dumb our society is when idiots think this guy was not crucified in the press. What a bunch of sheep. :sheep: