The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   I just wanted to say (the feelings soapbox thread) (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=35051)

monster 04-13-2020 04:30 PM

I just wanted to say (the feelings soapbox thread)

I'm beyond all levels of miserable today. Kind of hoping owning it and giving voice to it helps me turn it around :( I'll let you know how that goes. Or if I don't.... it didn't go well...

If there's anything you just need to say...have at it

Clodfobble 04-13-2020 04:43 PM

I just wanted to say I hear your misery and I hope it gets better. I was so miserable/twitchy/irritable last night that I actually had to leave my house (and everyone in it) and walk around the neighborhood by myself for upwards of half an hour. It only helped a little. But today I do feel better, and I hope you see a better day tomorrow, too.

glatt 04-13-2020 04:50 PM

Half an hour!

I hear you, but you need more than that.

sexobon 04-13-2020 05:00 PM

When misery sets its sights on me, I leave too; but, I do it with style...

Flint 04-13-2020 05:45 PM

monster, I see you clearly in my mind's eye and I wish things could get easier for you

As for myself, I'm losing my motivation/ability to stay in touch, which I was the worst at to begin with. I'm not good at telephone, my socialization was always to occasionally be in the same room with people. It's like drifting away from shore, the old life is getting smaller and more distant.

Undertoad 04-13-2020 07:15 PM

This is all too wearing.

monster 04-13-2020 11:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
:) Thanks all. I did eventually get my shit together. I did the requisite check-in for unemployment online, made a business call and acted on the outcome, went out and picked up prescriptions and milk -masked and gloved much as I hate it-, decorated the cake for my 21-today Bday Boi, rummaged out some half decent steak from the freezer that was definitely in need of eating and cooked it half-decently and served with rice, asparagus, mushrooms and onions (not one of those dishes was butter-free), then we did cake which had sparkly candles and was lit using the awesome fire-breathing dragon lighter birthday boy made me for christmas, so I got there in the end (just -we sat down to eat at 11:11pm)

Attachment 70313
Attachment 70314

monster 04-13-2020 11:52 PM

shit, the pictures are huge, sorry. Cannot be arsed to fix right now

monster 04-13-2020 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1050879)
shit, the pictures are huge, sorry. Cannot be arsed to fix right now

I lied :)

xoxoxoBruce 04-14-2020 12:03 AM

They're fine, the picture of the awesome cake is only 3.333 wide with 180m resolution and the other is smaller.
Maybe you got arsed after but they're cool. Oh, you lied, nevermind. :haha:

PS, glad you found your tenacity and everything went cool.

monster 04-14-2020 12:31 AM

monster 04-14-2020 12:34 AM

Isn't he gorgeous? It's a sign of how fucking rough my day was that he agreed to pose -he hates having his picture taken even more than I do -it used to be a bond we shared -people were always surprised when I didn't require that he smile for pictures (including the school ones) or even be in them if it wasn't necessary

limey 04-14-2020 05:35 AM

He's handsome! Glad you turned your day around.
You did say we could have at it ...
I am torn between wanting my mum around: the forty - sixties year old woman who was such a good friend to me, we had such fun and she was a rock and a fount of good advice and courage in difficult times;
and being fucking glad that the seventy to seventy eight year-old mother I had increasingly to care for as she got more and more bonkers and frail has gone and isn't on my worry list any more.

Griff 04-14-2020 06:06 AM

I admire your use of butter.

Clodfobble 04-14-2020 07:22 AM

Lovely pictures, monster!