The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   If U could be Tony Soprano... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13109)

Trilby 01-17-2007 01:39 PM

If U could be Tony Soprano...

I love the Sopranos. I've studied the show and it's characters. I've wondered how I would react as a character given the circumstances and similarities and I think I am: Carmella Soprano; ie--hiding machine guns, bloody body parts and leftover priests--so long as I get my manicure (FRENCH!) and jewels with a bit of Meadow (quasi-student, future Mob Boss) thown in.

You?

rkzenrage 01-17-2007 01:42 PM

Tony, on a bad day.

Shawnee123 01-17-2007 01:44 PM

I'm SO bummed I don't have cable/HBO anymore. Second to Six Feet Under, The Sopranos is the best show ever, and I"m going to miss it.

Hmmmm...I guess I have the heart of Adrianna (may she rest in peace), the self-destructiveness of Christopher, and the bad attitude of Junior. :)

(Reminded me to change my sig line back!)

Trilby 01-17-2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkzenrage (Post 308093)
Tony, on a bad day.

Dude-definitely.

Trilby 01-17-2007 01:47 PM

[quote=Shawnee123;308094]I guess I have the heart of Adrianna (may she rest in peace), the self-destructiveness of Christopher, [QUOTE/]

I said Stop Right There! (imagine Meatloaf and Karla going at it)

You don't havta do the H! The smack! The Lady! C'mon, Christopher! Buck up and make a clean kill for once!

;)

wolf 01-17-2007 01:50 PM

What may be surprising to most folks here is that I've never watched The Sopranos. Of course, I'm aware of the basic elements of the show, and on that basis, If I were Tony Soprano, I'd get all the people that I want whacked, whacked.

Shawnee123 01-17-2007 01:51 PM

[quote=Brianna;308099
You don't havta do the H! The smack! The Lady! C'mon, Christopher! Buck up and make a clean kill for once!

;)[/QUOTE]

Heee...well I"m not quite on Christofuh (Ade's accent) level.

I love the episode where Paulie and Chrissy are trying to find that Russian in the woods. He had beaned Chris on the head with a shovel or something. Tony is on the cell with them asking "Did you retrieve the package?" Trying to be cryptic, of course.

"The package hit Chrissy with an implement" said Paulie.

Trilby 01-17-2007 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 308103)
I'd get all the people that I want whacked, whacked.

My Girl.

Irie 01-17-2007 02:00 PM

I like to think I'm Silvio (played by Stevie Van Zandt). Anyone who can play guitar for Springsteen and help run a successful strip club/mob joint deserves a statue in his honor.

Everyone should check out Everything Bad Is Good for You: How Today's Popular Culture Is Actually Making Us Smarter by Steven Johnson. It's a great book on how popular culture is actually training our brains and what not. He has a whole section about the Sopranos and comparing the 17 plot-lines per show to the 2 plot-lines you would find in an episode of M.A.S.H.

Hmm, now to get The Sopranos into classrooms...

funkykule 01-17-2007 02:08 PM

The Sopranos is a favourite of mine, but I haven't watched it in a while. Shawnee- have you any idea what series that quote came from? I love Paulie and am laughing out loud at work- I'm sure people think I'm nuts....

I don't think I'm actually like anyone in the show- but I would LOVE to be Tony.

rkzenrage 01-17-2007 02:09 PM

You can rent the series.

Shawnee123 01-17-2007 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkykule (Post 308131)
The Sopranos is a favourite of mine, but I haven't watched it in a while. Shawnee- have you any idea what series that quote came from? I love Paulie and am laughing out loud at work- I'm sure people think I'm nuts....

I don't think I'm actually like anyone in the show- but I would LOVE to be Tony.

That excerpt is from the episode Pine Barrens from season 3.

funkykule 01-17-2007 02:18 PM

thanks, I can't wait to get it out on dvd.:corn:

SteveDallas 01-17-2007 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 308103)
What may be surprising to most folks here is that I've never watched The Sopranos.

I've never seen a single episode myself.

glatt 01-17-2007 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas (Post 308153)
I've never seen a single episode myself.

I stayed in a hotel once, and saw maybe ten minutes of one episode. Seemed OK, but since I didn't know what was going on, I just turned the channel to VH1 or something.