The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Quick update on MTP (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27303)

morethanpretty 05-05-2012 08:09 PM

Quick update on MTP

If you noticed last week I wasn't here. If you didn't notice, don't feel bad.
I had what some might call an emotional meltdown or psychotic break or perhaps an episode. So I drove half way across the country in a mania fulled fun time looking for a place to commit suicide. I returned home though and checked into a psychiatric hospital and got on meds. I've been on "the unit" for a week and got out yesterday. I might not be around a whole lot now but that is because the meds make it hard to concentrate right now. I am working on getting better.

jimhelm 05-05-2012 08:31 PM

Pulling for you, morty

Undertoad 05-05-2012 08:41 PM

Let the meds do their work, be patient with time, listen to what the docs say.

Oh Moar. Moar you are important to us. Suicide is not a thing, because you don't know what good times are down the road. Bad times won't last, they're our brains tricking us. You are beautiful, you must go on. I beg of you. We are here for you.

classicman 05-05-2012 09:23 PM

Good luck mtp. Hope things continue to turn around for you.

zippyt 05-05-2012 09:49 PM

Be betterer MTP !

wolf 05-05-2012 11:18 PM

Glad you figured out a better path and turned around. Good luck working on yourself. Thanks for checking in. We'll be here.

morethanpretty 05-06-2012 05:03 AM

The meds are already making me feel better, and less pain! Just the grogginess and difficulty concentrating by afternoon is difficult. I'm determined to stick it through. The sleep meds they gave me allow me to sleep solid for 6 or 7 hours and I wake up mostly refreshed, so I have until mid morning before I have to take the antidepressant and mood stabilizer that make me so groggy. Its all good though, not a single wish to commit suicide in a week now, so I'm hopeful.

Sundae 05-06-2012 05:11 AM

Oh sweetheart I knew I hadn't seen you in a while, but I had no idea it was so long.
Thank goodness you are back here to tell the story.
You know you're not alone in having had those thoughts. Many of us have been through similar situations.

Much love to you.
Look after yourself.
It's far braver to keep on living, and you have so much more to give.

Enjoy the downtime the heavy meds give you.
You're in the process of recovering from something that could have ended your life.

DanaC 05-06-2012 05:12 AM

Gods, Moar, so glad you got help, babes.

limey 05-06-2012 07:34 AM

I'm glad you're back with us, MTP. Take your time to get well. Love and hugs from across the water here ...

regular.joe 05-06-2012 06:53 PM

Hey MTP, you stick in there...we'll stick in here...and we'll all pull through this thing of our lives together. We are with you in spirit.

richlevy 05-06-2012 07:36 PM

I really don't know what to say, MTP. You seem like a really sweet person and I hope you feel better.

Aliantha 05-06-2012 09:13 PM

I'm glad you're around to tell your tale mtp. Keep looking up. You'll be fine. xxx

infinite monkey 05-07-2012 07:42 AM

Oh Moar, hon...hang in there, hang on! You are loved and the world would be a sadder place without you.

And we are here for you. Please touch base from time to time.

Spexxvet 05-07-2012 07:49 AM

What UT said. Feel better and please stay with us.