The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Mornington Crescent (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13290)

CzinZumerzet 02-18-2007 06:45 AM

Right, and definitely a challenging ruse but this provides us with an inverted diagonal possibility . I am going with the Mayfair Gambit whick allows for a change of rules as it's Sunday and Chinese New Year.

I have roast pork and Cider waiting for me at the pub so this is a rushed move but one which should keep you thinking for a bit longer.

I'm making an oblique to Embankment and the clue is in the colour...

Tonchi 02-18-2007 07:09 PM

By Jove, an excellent choice since one might otherwise have to skip dinner due to the time zone change. I am having to make do with my trusty hip flask :3_eyes:

SteveDallas 02-18-2007 07:33 PM

If anyone is still confused about the rules, perhaps this video would be helpful.

monster 02-19-2007 03:43 PM

Aha! Thanks for the reminder...

Mornington Crescent.

The Kentish Town Diversion Inversion gets them every time!

CzinZumerzet 02-19-2007 06:12 PM

Congratulations Monster and well done you for spotting the Kentish Town Diversion Inversion. Great playing!

What bit of the UK are you from? If you have already dealt with the question on another page I apologise for going over old ground. Have you been gone long?

I know its bad luck to kick off a new game within a segment which shares the 'prinking' cross over from Kings X to Chalk Farm, no need to take risks. Even if it's post inversion.

Once again, lovely example of oblique shunting! I didn't see that coming! :cool: Super Cool!

monster 02-19-2007 06:19 PM

Childhood near Stockport with a bit of allover thrown in for good measure, 10 years in Birmingham as an adult, then shipped over here to convert the heathens ;)

You think we need a new thread for a new game then? I'm unfamiliar with the superstitious side of the game -I find it hinders my use of the archaic rubrics of the pearly kings.

CzinZumerzet 02-20-2007 11:07 AM

No need for a new thread really, I think I was just creating a diversion waiting for the unbearable closure of Regents park to be lifted but it's not to be. Makes one wonder what is going on down there... :worried:

Anyway, I give you Chancery Lane for entirely sentimental reasons. For many years I had a flat in Leather Lane which runs paralel to Hatton Garden and connected High Holborn to Clerkenwell. It was the heart of the Italian quarter & fantastic restaurants & leatherworkers. Chancery Lane was our street corner station.

I don't know your old stomping ground at all but most of Brum retires down here to Weston Super Mare and end up running pubs and small businesses. The new Bullring though...that is serious shopping to die for.

JayMcGee 02-20-2007 07:03 PM

as an ex-brummie, I do indeed know weston well.....spent many a holiday on the mud-fla......beaches of weston.....

Now in cheshire for the last 15 years, but went back to Brum last year for a look round and my how it's changed! Almost wants to make me move back there.....

and speaking of moves......

BANK

monster 02-20-2007 10:00 PM

Oxford Circus

CzinZumerzet 02-21-2007 09:01 AM

Has to be....Tottenham Court Road

Undertoad 02-21-2007 09:12 AM

Baker Street!

Cyclefrance 02-21-2007 09:36 AM

Aaah, do I detect a musical bias infiltrating the gameplay - in that case

WATERLOO

Undertoad 02-21-2007 10:27 AM

Oh now I love this challenge!

I was always and remain a fan of Squeeze, and their song Piccadilly from East Side Story. So, Piccadilly Circus

limey 02-21-2007 10:37 AM

That, of course, will take me back to the
Old Kent Road! (I hope you all will forgive me for mimicking the manoevre that nearly lost the game for Ghandi when he played against the entire British Civil Service in India as an example of civil action causing civil service inaction, but we all know what happened next!).

monster 02-21-2007 09:19 PM

Whitechapel, of course