The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Philosophy (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   "Yum" or "ahh"? ,your choice (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=5735)

Tomas Rueda 05-07-2004 08:14 AM

"Yum" or "ahh"? ,your choice

Y'all are going to lagh at me. But don't you think that the culinary arts (eating, cooking,wine-tasting, etc) are more pleasing and more subtle than sex as a whole?

Catwoman 05-07-2004 08:17 AM

Are you crazy??!!!!!

Don't get me started on why sex is better than food or this could get seriously x-rated and turn into a whole different kind of cellar with toys and whips and everything.

Tomas Rueda 05-07-2004 08:22 AM

i Know its weird. but, hey. when you eat, you get choices like Chinese cuisine, English, French, Spanish, Mexican, Italian, Etc.

or simpler. when you order a steak, you can have it rare, medium, or well done (with side dishes of course)

but sex, you have it and that's it there is no variety in it.

Catwoman 05-07-2004 08:27 AM

When you have sex, you could have a Chinese, an English, a French, a Spanish, a Mexican, an Italian, Etc.

Or simpler. With sex, it can be rare, medium, or well done (with side dishes of course)

Sex. It's all about variety.

Tomas Rueda 05-07-2004 08:31 AM

As far as Im concerned, no, it is not.

it seems far outweighted but, if you abstain from eating or drinking, you'll be dead within the month. however if you abstaing from the other, well, lets just say monks have been doing it for years and years.

Catwoman 05-07-2004 08:35 AM

Yes but your argument was that eating was more 'pleasing' and 'subtle' than sex, not that it was more necessary. Although personally, I'd argue that one too.:D

Tomas Rueda 05-07-2004 08:40 AM

HEY, eating is better that , point blank (and you know it.)

several reasons are againgst that
for example, can you put salt or other condiments to food. of couse .but not to the other

Catwoman 05-07-2004 08:44 AM

You could add salt, but it might sting a bit. I prefer honey, or ye olde faithful chocolate sauce. Even a bit of spice is quite nice.

perth 05-07-2004 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Catwoman
Sex. It's all about variety.
Quote:

Originally posted by Tomas Rueda
As far as Im concerned, no, it is not.
Tomas, you're not doing it right then. There is room for infinite variety when it comes to sex. This is the internet age. Armed with Google and a few well-thought-out search queries, you can find a lot of things to improve the quality (and variety) of your sex life. Given the choice between a perfectly cooked steak and a marathon fuckfest, I'd choose the fuckfest without so much as blinking. But then, I know how to pick good toys. :)

Yelof 05-07-2004 09:41 AM

Food will never tell you that your apartment is too small and that it is time to get deeper into debt..

Yelof ducks and creeps off stage left

Radar 05-07-2004 09:43 AM

If you think any food on earth is better than sex, you're not having sex the right way.

Clodfobble 05-07-2004 09:47 AM

In general, I'd definitely say sex. But I will admit, there are occasions where I would choose eating queso over sex. But that's really the only food I can think of, and I probably have an addiction, so maybe that doesn't count. :)

glatt 05-07-2004 10:06 AM

Re: "Yum" or "ahh"? ,your choice

Quote:

Originally posted by Tomas Rueda
don't you think that the culinary arts (eating, cooking,wine-tasting, etc) are more pleasing and more subtle than sex as a whole?
"Subtle?" Yes.
"Pleasing?" No.

Not trying to to say food sucks. Food can be really yummy. But food at its best is still not as good as mediocre sex. The worst sex I've ever had is far better than the worst food I've ever had.

Yelof 05-07-2004 10:07 AM

Clodfobble, you'd be spoilt for choice in Portugal, fine women and great cheeses

glatt 05-07-2004 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Clodfobble
I would choose eating queso over sex.
Please tell me about this thing you call "queso."