The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   2/16/2005: Truck sold as consumer vehicle (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=7772)

Undertoad 02-16-2005 06:04 PM

2/16/2005: Truck sold as consumer vehicle

http://cellar.org/2004/badboytruck.jpg

It's supposed to be Hummer competition, this "Bad Boy Truck" -- if you want to play the vehicle size inflation game.

Quote:

For a base price of $225,000 — nearly twice the Hummer H1 wagon's base price of $117,508 — consumers can get a basic version of the 10-foot-tall Bad Boy that can drive through five feet of water, climb a 60-degree grade, tow six tons and keep rolling even with a quarter-sized hole in the tire's sidewall.
I don't want one. I don't think the local townships would be happy with me cutting up their roads.

full story

FloridaDragon 02-16-2005 06:44 PM

I agree, I don't want one either....well maybe that one time I had a hummer 2 think that I would get out of his way because he was bigger than my Jeep even though I had right of way .. I ignored him, he almost lost it off the road trying to not hit me then flipped the bird and ranted and raved for a while, kept putting on his blinker like I was going to pull over and "discuss" it with him ... that would have resulted in a discussion with my tire iron and if worse came to worse, my S&W 40 cal. ... so I continued to ignore him which pissed him off worse (good!)

Krackel 02-16-2005 09:00 PM

I heard about this truck on the radio, they said it can withstand nuclear, biological, chemical, attacks... or "NBC-safe".........no joke.......

xoxoxoBruce 02-16-2005 09:28 PM

Hey, welcome to the Cellar, Krackel. :thumbsup:

They're way out of Hummer territory, they're competing with the Navistar XT Family. We had discussed that one at length in LJ's forum, but that's kaput.
Also the Grandad in this class the Mercedes-Benz Unimog in it's military iterations. ;)

wolf 02-16-2005 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krackel
I heard about this truck on the radio, they said it can withstand nuclear, biological, chemical, attacks... or "NBC-safe".........no joke.......

If that's true, this goes on my "I wan't one" list.

Happy Monkey 02-16-2005 10:21 PM

Most vehicles can (as long as the nuke isn't a direct hit, of course).

The occupants may not be so lucky.

JabberWokky 02-17-2005 02:27 AM

The reason it's touted as NBC safe is because the military version of this vehicle is specifically outfitted for NBC usage. It runs at positive pressure, etc.

I highly doubt it would tear up streets anymore than a tow-truck would.

Elspode 02-17-2005 01:46 PM

I presume that it has hardened electronics, then? Wouldn't matter if it was intact after a blast if EMP wiped out all the electrical devices.

mrnoodle 02-17-2005 02:10 PM

I want one, but only if it comes with anti-personnel stuff on it. Like high voltage, tear gas ducts, and slits to shoot out of.

And I want neons.

undone 02-17-2005 05:10 PM

I just want to know when they are going to start shipping them over to our guys in Iraq.

xoxoxoBruce 02-17-2005 08:07 PM

Our guys in Iraq can't afford it. :(

404Error 02-17-2005 10:46 PM

I'd consider getting one if they came in metalic blue.

...and undercoating and a decent sound system would be nice too.

Gromitspapa 02-18-2005 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Hey, welcome to the Cellar, Krackel. :thumbsup:

They're way out of Hummer territory, they're competing with the Navistar XT Family. We had discussed that one at length in LJ's forum, but that's kaput.
Also the Grandad in this class the Mercedes-Benz Unimog in it's military iterations. ;)

Curious- what's LJ's forum and what's kaput?

Clodfobble 02-18-2005 09:18 PM

There's a user named Lumberjim, LJ for short, and he had his own forum here, basically just a subsection of threads that he started, but he stopped having as much free time to devote to us so his forum went away.

garnet 02-21-2005 02:52 PM

What a shame that a US car maker is wasting its resources developing another butt-ugly, gas-guzzling truck for rich people. With gas pushing $2.00 a gallon wouldn't it make more sense to work on making hybrid vehicles more affordable to the general public?