The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Be a post whore! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13909)

Trilby 05-14-2012 10:39 AM

It helps me if I remember this: thru love ALL pain
will become medicine. Not "some" pain but ALL pain.

Your pain will become medicine.

Sundae 05-14-2012 12:06 PM

Meh, I disagree Bri.
Sometimes pain is just pain. Sometimes life is shitty.

But if all you have are feelings Anon, then don't hoard them and hold them as inviolate.
The brain and the heart and even the stomach (as the powerhouse of emotions) can play tricks. This too will pass.

monster 05-17-2012 07:26 PM

Clodfobble 05-18-2012 07:24 AM

I'm so jaded. What about the other people in the theatre? I mean sure, they can watch the fake preview and clap when she says yes... but then they have to sit there while her whole family hugs her? When do they get to see the movie they paid for? Buncha attention whores. [/grumpy old lady]

DanaC 05-18-2012 07:34 AM

that's classy.

Blueflare 05-18-2012 01:00 PM

Jeez. That kind of proposal is pretty much my worst nightmare.
For people crazy enough to like that sort of thing, if you're going to do it, then that's an impressive way... I suppose... I wouldn't really know, not being crazy.

DanaC 05-19-2012 01:26 PM

I got the impression that the two of them were both on the same page. I think if you know your partner well enough, have kind of more or less planned to marry at some point (which it sounded like they had) it can be lovely.

It's when some dipstick tries the big public gesture with a girl who isn't on the same page that things get nasty.

DanaC 05-19-2012 01:27 PM

And since this is the post whore thread I'm sticking this in as a separate post!

I have become ever so slightly addicted to a show called Man-v-Food, which has been running on Dave channel lately.

I'd seen it in the listings a few times and thought it sounded dreadful. Then one day with fuck all better to do I flicked over in, I admit, a rather sneery frame of mind....only turns out it's really entertaining.

Sundae 05-20-2012 07:13 AM

My bro got me into it.
I've just watched some back to back eps right now!

I am conflicted about it.
I love it, but today he did a 50 wings challenge.
25 chickens (at least).
There is something disgusting about that.

I enjoyed the programme, but just feel a bit wrong about enjoying it.

Still, I'd make Adam's eyes water given half a chance. Yummy.

DanaC 05-20-2012 07:26 AM

That's pretty much where I am at with it. On the one hand it's entertaining and he is an excellent host. But it sometimes turns my stomach to see the sheer quantity of food!

infinite monkey 05-20-2012 10:02 AM

I had a small part in a skit yesterday. My brother's association (exec dir) participated in an earth awareness event at a local reserve. Through the week they had more than 2500 kids come. Great event. I had a lot of fun doing it.

Today my great-niece will be the honored guest at my 'rents Sunday dinner. She's 9 mo and starting to talk. Last I heard she had memorized the gettysburg address. ;)

morethanpretty 05-20-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 812442)
I had a small part in a skit yesterday. My brother's association (exec dir) participated in an earth awareness event at a local reserve. Through the week they had more than 2500 kids come. Great event. I had a lot of fun doing it.

Today my great-niece will be the honored guest at my 'rents Sunday dinner. She's 9 mo and starting to talk. Last I heard she had memorized the gettysburg address. ;)

Very nice infi!

monster 05-21-2012 09:17 PM

Sping's in the air
Kids want less hair
now I'm itchy
everywhere

monster 05-24-2012 05:41 PM

I stink. I should shower.

Blueflare 05-25-2012 11:03 AM

I keep getting a bubble of air behind my rearmost upper tooth, on the right. I can feel it there all the time and it makes a weird noise when I talk. It's most annoying.
Pretty sure I haven't randomly lost a tooth recently...
Maybe my face is making space for wisdom teeth?