The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   A Thanksgiving message (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=26359)

jimhelm 11-22-2011 10:52 AM

A Thanksgiving message

The Holiday Season begins each year with Thanksgiving Day in the US... A day in which we gather with family and friends and reflect upon the many things we have to be thankful for. The list is long for me. I have much to be thankful for. But this year, I am reminded of a special group of people in my life. I have never actually expressed my thanks for the fact that they are in my life. On the contrary, I am more apt to complain of their presence and rail my frustrations at them. I have been unjust in this. These people have great worth. It is, I suppose, just a matter of perspective.

Who are these people? They are none other than The Dumbasses I work with. Now, I'm not saying that everyone I work with is a dumbass. Far from it. There are many many skilled and talented individuals that contribute much toward the successes I have enjoyed in my career.... These people know who the dumbasses are, and know they are not included among them. I'm Thankful for them as well, but this sentiment is especially dedicated to The Dumbass.

Thank You, Dumbasses, for constantly blundering and requiring saving. Your foibles and failures have been invaluable as examples of what NOT to do in myriad different situations we have encountered. You have made me appear MUCH more competent by comparison. Your mathematical errors and violations of compliance and policy have provided me with countless opportunities to fix things and justify the need for the aspect of my job that encompasses pulling your collective Fat out of the Fire. The enhancement to my job security is comforting to me when times are slow, and bosses begin to cast about looking for fat to trim.

It truly is easy to Soar Like an Eagle when you are Surrounded by Turkeys.

Cheers to you, Mr Dumbass! And God Bless!

infinite monkey 11-22-2011 10:55 AM

I'll drink to the Dumbass! Hear! Hear! *clink*

Trilby 11-22-2011 02:41 PM

Awwwwww!

That's so sweet!

sexobon 11-22-2011 04:36 PM

The Cellar: Gobble Gobble, Ho Ho Ho, Dumbass Dumbass Dumbass Dumbass

tw 11-22-2011 05:47 PM

Happy Holidays.

Due to wacko extremism and political correctness, I have just made so many dumbasses angry.

Urbane Guerrilla 11-24-2011 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw (Post 774984)
Due to wacko extremism and political correctness, I have just made so many dumbasses angry.

You neglected to insert "my" before "wacko extremism." Surely an unintentional oversight?

You make quite bright people quite angry with you quite often; it is why you are so friendless.

Undertoad 11-24-2011 01:30 AM

UG, if you are just going to come here once every two weeks and attempt to insult everyone, you may as well not come here. Please contribute something of substance or leave.

TheMercenary 11-24-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 774865)
Who are these people? They are none other than The Dumbasses I work with. Now, I'm not saying that everyone I work with is a dumbass.

Uttt Oh! Don't tell Griff and Monster that, they think everyone is a freaking genius!

Quote:

Thank You, Dumbasses, for constantly blundering and requiring saving. Your foibles and failures have been invaluable as examples of what NOT to do in myriad different situations we have encountered. You have made me appear MUCH more competent by comparison. Your mathematical errors and violations of compliance and policy have provided me with countless opportunities to fix things and justify the need for the aspect of my job that encompasses pulling your collective Fat out of the Fire. The enhancement to my job security is comforting to me when times are slow, and bosses begin to cast about looking for fat to trim.
Wooooo, wait! Damm! So are you trying to tell us that you actually deal with the general public vs. have fantasies about what the general public thinks and believes???? Damm what insight....

Hold me back.....:eek:

Trilby 11-25-2011 06:12 AM

/muses/ maybe it's just the holiday blues coming on, but the merc seems to me to be extra-bitter right now /muses/

Lamplighter 11-25-2011 08:23 AM

Having to work holidays with no union to represent you
for time-and-a-half can do that to a person.

My grand-daughter got called in to work Thanksgiving
just because the stores were doing a Black Friday on Thursday.
Minimum wage + $6 in tips :neutral:

lumberjim 11-22-2016 03:51 PM

I'm sure I put this up every year, but I can't find it. make sure you listen on Thursday!

It's a Tradition!

NOW, Kee-id!

Gravdigr 11-22-2016 04:39 PM

I hope to have a big fat rolled up turkey dinner that just couldn't be beat...

captainhook455 11-22-2016 05:22 PM

We are going to the house of the best cook in the family. There goes the diet.

tarheel

xoxoxoBruce 11-22-2016 05:30 PM

Just another Thursday. Oh wait, there's an Archie Bunker marathon on TV.:rolleyes:

Griff 11-22-2016 05:37 PM

Don't forget to watch WKRP and football.