The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Whats Murphys Law'ing you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27577)

Pico and ME 06-26-2012 04:45 PM

Whats Murphys Law'ing you today?

Just last week I got plane tickets to Tucson to be with my Mom next month while she is recuperating from knee replacement surgery. I plan to be with her for 6 weeks until she can get back on her feet.

So what happens?

Fucking Chrysler finally calls me about coming in for orientation on July 2nd! I havent heard from them in months.

BigV 06-26-2012 04:49 PM

I have the new parts for the lawn mower. The lawn mower's sitting in the kitchen, waiting to be repaired. See "weather" thread. *sigh*

limey 06-27-2012 08:05 AM

I bought a sim card from a new provider because they can also supply a domestic signal boosting device so that I can get mobile calls and texts at home, where the signal is very poor.
They both arrived today.
To register the signal booster I first have to register the sim card. To register the sim card I have to have a signal. To have a signal I have to register the signal booster. To register the signal booster I first have to register the sim card. To register the sim card I have to have a signal. To have a signal I have to register the signal booster. To register the signal booster I first have to register the sim card. To register the sim card I have to have a signal. To have a signal I have to register the signal booster. To register the signal booster I first have to register the sim card. To register the sim card I have to have a signal. To have a signal I have to register the signal booster. To register the signal booster I first have to register the sim card. To register the sim card I have to have a signal. To have a signal I have to register the signal booster. To register the signal booster I first have to register the sim card. To register the sim card I have to have a signal. To have a signal I have to register the signal booster. To register the signal booster I first have to register the sim card. To register the sim card I have to have a signal. To have a signal I have to register the signal booster. To register the signal booster I first have to register the sim card. To register the sim card I have to have a signal. To have a signal I have to register the signal booster. To register the signal booster I first have to register the sim card. To register the sim card I have to have a signal. To have a signal I have to register the signal booster. To register the signal booster I first have to register the sim card. To register the sim card I have to have a signal. To have a signal I have to register the signal booster. To register the signal booster I first have to register the sim card. To register the sim card I have to have a signal. To have a signal I have to register the signal booster. To register the signal booster I first have to register the sim card. To register the sim card I have to have a signal. To have a signal I have to register the signal booster.
Etc.

footfootfoot 06-27-2012 09:24 AM

I'm on hold with Ridgid, waiting to let them know that the router I just bought for a job came with the wrong collet. I need to route stuff yesterday...

Finally connected to a person and was then sent to someone's voice mail.

Now back listening to distorted music, probably a cassette tape that someone found on the dashboard of some car in the parking lot that had been sitting there, abandoned, since the late 60s.

Hold it, the music just stopped. Just silence now. Should I press a button, just to see what happens? Let's try. 1 2 3 4 0

hang up, redial.

Pico and ME 06-27-2012 09:37 AM

Limey, thats a perfect Catch-22!

footfootfoot 06-27-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pico and ME (Post 817261)
Limey, thats a perfect Catch-22!

Yeah, that's right. Start your own thread, Limey; this is for Murphy's law.

Turnstile jumper.

limey 06-27-2012 10:50 AM

:o sorry, I'll get my coat ....

Pico and ME 06-27-2012 01:36 PM

:eek:
OMG NO! Lol, I didn't mean that.

Foot, however can go take his post over to the 'Im so irritating thread'
:p:

limey 06-27-2012 03:57 PM

S'OK. I'm back. The Murphy's Law element of this story is that the text with the security code to register the sim card, that is valid for eight hours, arrived ten hours after I'd requested it ... :facepalm:

classicman 06-27-2012 05:47 PM

ugghhh

footfootfoot 06-27-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pico and ME (Post 817288)
:eek:
OMG NO! Lol, I didn't mean that.

Foot, however can go take his post over to the 'Im so irritating thread'
:p:

Think of me as a popcorn hull stuck under your gum