The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Paintings (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=31468)

bbro 12-05-2015 10:50 PM

Paintings

2 Attachment(s)
I can't seem to find the thread for the last thing you made, but I wanted to share some paintings.

If any moderators see this and want to merge this thread with the one I am thinking of, please do.

DanaC 12-06-2015 04:43 AM

Very nice! I like both of those.

fargon 12-06-2015 04:56 AM

What Dana said.

bbro 12-06-2015 08:21 AM

Gravdigr 12-06-2015 11:19 AM

I like them both, too, but, I like the top one better.

It makes me think of a wave washing away different colored layers of sand off a beach.

:cheerldr:

xoxoxoBruce 12-06-2015 12:19 PM

They warned us about the brown acid.

be-bop 12-06-2015 02:06 PM

Far be it for me to criticise anyone effort's in art but I don't get this kind of abstract painting, anyone want to explain what I'm missing?

xoxoxoBruce 12-06-2015 02:17 PM

Drugs. ;)

Zathris 12-06-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by be-bop (Post 947589)
Far be it for me to criticise anyone effort's in art but I don't get this kind of abstract painting, anyone want to explain what I'm missing?

The meaning of abstract art depends on what the artist is feeling at the time, but is later based on the interpretations of the individuals viewing it.

fargon 12-06-2015 03:07 PM

The bottom one looks like a thunderstorm.

Gravdigr 12-06-2015 03:13 PM

Quote:

...anyone want to explain what I'm missing?

You're missing nothing. You see what we see.

xoxoxoBruce 12-06-2015 03:27 PM

What you see will change from time to time depending on things like mood.
Unlike a sterogram, what you'll see is not preordained.
Sometimes you see a menagerie sometimes just clouds.

bbro 12-07-2015 09:38 AM

Thanks everyone! I really liked these two.

DanaC 12-07-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

I's hard to explain - I'm not fuly sure I understand why stuff works or doesn't. There's something about them that seems to convey something raw - an emotional state, or sense of action, or concept without actually stating it. That bottom picture, for instance, to me seems to suggest some kind of wild natural phenomenon - like a forest fire, or some kind of tumult. There's a sense of raw power and energy to it. Whilst the top one suggests a kind of order or natural pattern, but on a massive scale - like some kind of celestial event, or the corona of a sun.

But different people will see different things. It's like it hits at an emotional rather than intellectual level - at the same time, we naturally, as humans, seek out pattern and meaning and will each see different things because of it.

bbro 12-08-2015 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 947672)
I's hard to explain - I'm not fuly sure I understand why stuff works or doesn't. There's something about them that seems to convey something raw - an emotional state, or sense of action, or concept without actually stating it. That bottom picture, for instance, to me seems to suggest some kind of wild natural phenomenon - like a forest fire, or some kind of tumult. There's a sense of raw power and energy to it. Whilst the top one suggests a kind of order or natural pattern, but on a massive scale - like some kind of celestial event, or the corona of a sun.

But different people will see different things. It's like it hits at an emotional rather than intellectual level - at the same time, we naturally, as humans, seek out pattern and meaning and will each see different things because of it.

I like this explanation. :)