The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Be a post whore! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13909)

Madman 07-08-2008 08:56 AM

I made four (4) posts today!

<sigh> I feel like "Tommy."

Sundae 07-09-2008 04:58 PM

If I haven't said it before - although I think I have - thanks to Cloud for this thead. Sometimes it's just what I need.

I don't like Eddie Murphy.
I wasn't all that keen on him anyway. I don't find him all that funny.
But a big push was when he knocked up Mel B and then denied it.
I know men can't be sure whether the child is their's. It's hard. But IMHO it's so disrespectful if you are in the public eye (and the mother has her own money FFS) to make the assumption that the woman is a liar.

Nasty.

HungLikeJesus 07-09-2008 05:02 PM

Eddie Murphy knocked up Mel Brooks? Or Mel Blanc?

I've wanted to clone this thread for a long time, but have resisted.

Cloud 07-09-2008 05:17 PM

You're welcome, SG!

So, I have a packet of glass wipes in my drawer. And a packet of regular wipies (aka butt wipes).

Hope I don't mix them up!

Sundae 07-10-2008 05:08 AM

I've just been shopping for screen cleaning products for work.
Ouch - expensive.

Trouble is, our cleaner is pretty generous when using products. I have to find a way to tell her that the tiny bottle is supposed to clean 300 screens. Without being patronising. Hmmmmm.

Sundae 07-10-2008 07:40 AM

I spent my lunch break watching clips from Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. Which after all makes being a ho look like being in a sorority (no dig intended).

So I am happy to be a post whore this afternoon.

Anyway.
When I first started my anti-depressants I was in a very bad way.
I couldn't do anything. Including wash. I noticed that the pills gave me a very meaty scent. As opposed to the vinegar scent I had when (for valid reasons) I'd had to go a couple of days without washing properly (festivals, broken plumbing etc).

So today, when I smelt a really meaty smell drifting through the office I was slightly paranoid. I didn't connect it consciously, but thought it must be me immediately. When my colleague came in with a bowl of chilli I put the various thoughts together and relaxed.

But apparently smell is the best trigger for memory.
Took me right back to those horrid days.

Clodfobble 07-10-2008 12:11 PM

Coincidentally, I just finished a bowl of turkey chili myself.

Flint 07-10-2008 12:21 PM

I like a good meaty smell in a woman.

classicman 07-10-2008 10:37 PM

Its 11:37 at this moment

DucksNuts 07-11-2008 06:15 AM

Its Friday evening and not even 9.30pm and I am in bed already

My name is mud 07-11-2008 05:56 PM

Hey, you got girlfriend Vietnam? .... Me so horny. Me love you long time.

Cloud 07-11-2008 06:44 PM

wow, an actual whore-y post

Sundae 07-13-2008 07:20 PM

Shit - why do I gravitate to Moulin Rouge when I'm tired and drunk?
I mean I love musicals, but it makes me cry every time. And not because she dies either, just because love is reserved for the beautiful. I mean she's a disease riddled whore. But of course she inspires a lifelong love. Of course.

Think about it. From Romeo & Juliet onwards, all the "great" love stories involve either love at first sight or women who are incredibly beautiful. Usually both. * Jane Eyre is an exception and she ends up with a blind, scarred old man because she is plain and a goody-goody so that's okay*

I hate the idea that every account of true love starts with someone young, lithe and impeccable manners. Go on, I challange you to find me a FEMALEW anti-hero. Even Tank Girl was fit.

Ignore me. It just rubs. Like a blister. It doesn't affect my life, but it's there every move I make.

I stop drinking tomorrow. I intend.
Hopefully I'll stop getting so damn maudlin.

BigV 07-14-2008 09:14 AM

59, now 62

BigV 07-14-2008 09:26 AM